Need Amprol 128 help

goldenberry

Chirping
10 Years
May 12, 2013
I've been giving my hen a probiotic and vitamin powder mixed in her water. Can I add the Amprol 128 to this probiotic mix also?

I've been looking at the available ordering for amprol. Amazon has some choices, but most are listed for cows. I need to give my chicken this treatment to help combat the infection going around. I need help in deciding what is the best purchase and doseing for a mixed age flock.
A little about the flock, 13 weeks with one runt, to five months old and one 13 month old hen.

I've been looking at the available ordering for amprol. Amazon has some choices, but most are listed for cows. I need to give my chicken this treatment to help combat the infection going around. I need help in deciding what is the best purchase and doseing for a mixed age flock.
A little about the flock, 13 weeks with one runt, to five months old and one 13 month old hen.
You can easily buy Corid at feed stores in powder or liquid form. That is amprollium, which is the usual treatment for coccidiosis in poultry, but also used in cattle for scours. Dosage is 2 tsp (10 ml) of the liquid or 1 1/2 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5 to 7 days as the only source of water. Change it daily, and do not mix anything into the water. It is important to not give vitamins, especially thiamine or B1, since amprollium works to mimic thiamine.

upload_2018-12-1_12-10-56.jpeg
upload_2018-12-1_12-11-19.jpeg

You can use Amprol, AmproMed, or Corid, all are the same.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...ol-ampromed-the-correct-amprolium-dose.73341/

Back
Top Bottom