Need answers on Tylan 50 use please.

Rhipp

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 29, 2013
Ive seen many people recommend Tylan 50 injectable usage for respirtory issue's but no one seems to have a answer on egg withdrawel period. can anyone please help me with a answer to thiis. Ive read one day with the water soluable , but nothing definate with the injectable. Thanks.

the withdraw is 7 days after end of course. I recently treated my own with tylan50 so I researched this information. tylosin aka tylan50 works very well for respiratory issues. after course of treatment mine were all better thank God. hope this helps and best wishes.

Thanks , I actualy called the vets at Elanco ( makers of Tylan 50 ) They would give no advise since Tylan is not liscened for for egg laying chickens. However I see so many people using it some one has had to have eaten eggs after using Tylan. I did find another company that produces Tylosin for chickens they advertise no withdrawel period, I just want to be on the safe side.

yes I use it myself. as I said I just had to use it in my flock so I looked up withdraw period. I found one week after course of treatments so that's how long I waited. Tylan50 really works great for respiratory. I used 1/4cc because my birds are bantman and I used it for 5 days gave the injection in the breast muscle. for larger birds you will use 1/2 cc
hope this helps. best wishes

Back
Top Bottom