Need bumblefoot to be treated + How to hypnotize a chicken?

Can you post some pictures of the feet in question? Treatment can be varied a bit depending on how large/deep the lesions are.
Most birds will relax when you lay them on their back. You can also wrap them in a towel like a burrito before laying them on their back to help hold them still. I will sometimes drape a light cloth over their head loosely to block vision which also helps calm them. I had to do multiple bumblefoot surgeries on one rooster, a couple of which took more than 30 minutes (I did it alone) and he was fine doing it this way. I stopped a couple of times, put a hand on his chest and talked to him calmly. If you have a bird that is particularly difficult, then it might be best to have a helper to help hold it.

Can you post some pictures of the feet in question? Treatment can be varied a bit depending on how large/deep the lesions are.
Most birds will relax when you lay them on their back. You can also wrap them in a towel like a burrito before laying them on their back to help hold them still. I will sometimes drape a light cloth over their head loosely to block vision which also helps calm them. I had to do multiple bumblefoot surgeries on one rooster, a couple of which took more than 30 minutes (I did it alone) and he was fine doing it this way. I stopped a couple of times, put a hand on his chest and talked to him calmly. If you have a bird that is particularly difficult, then it might be best to have a helper to help hold it.
i will this afternoon

Ok here are a pic.
20210506_112554.jpg
is that bumblefoot? And I couldn't get a pic of the other the won't stop moving lol!

Back
Top Bottom