Need Cheap & Easy Way to Move Tractor.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by CoyoteMagic, May 26, 2011.

1. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I've installed lawnmower wheels on my tractor to move it from once place to another. Problem is, this sucker is still too heavy for me to move. Anyone one have pictures of the system they use to move there large/heavy tractors around?

[​IMG]

2x4's, Dogloo, wire, tin roof, too heavy.

2. Kudzu

Kudzu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    Do you have a riding lawn mower? If so, maybe you can rig up a tow rope or something????.

3. zookeeper15133

zookeeper15133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    SW PA
    I took an old lawn mower handle and mounted it on the end of mine. It makes a world of difference! I can move my A frame this way. You can see it on my page.

Mount a 18" (or however wide your handle is) 2x4 to the end of the coop with screws. Then mount the handle to the edge of the 2x4's with washers and screws.

4. harvster

harvster Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2011
    SE PA
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. baldessariclan

baldessariclan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Wichita, KS
    Use teenagers.

6. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:Funny! [​IMG] [​IMG] I was thinking about something like this myself.

7. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:Nope I have a husband but he works 12 hour shifts, lol. We are going to be using the chickens to help keep the grass under control.

8. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:At the other end I have an old hose that I've mounted to it to pull it with, it's just too dang heavy.

9. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Had one around here that used to cut my grass, he was the only one I let in my yard, lol. I worked in an alternative Hidh School for 17 years!! Nooooooooooo teenagers!!

10. dawj

dawj Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Central NH
    Get larger wheels at tractor supply if your wheels wont move it they are prob. too small

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by