Need Cheap & Easy Way to Move Tractor.

0509112013c.jpg

0509112013.jpg

Make sure you give them enough clearance. The wood on the wheel end should be off the ground by two inches or so. Rig up a set of handles that extend out from the wheeled end about 2 feet. They should be a few inches, 3" or 4", below where your hands are when you arms are at your sides.
0509112013a.jpg

Doing this creates a long lever, one of the original simple machines, attached to wheels, another simple machine. To move, bend knees, grab handles, straighten legs, move it like you are backing up a wheelbarrow.

OK- you live in New Hampshire, put a request on Craig's list for some old snow skis, attach those to the bottom edges, and then you should be able to pull it pretty easily over grass or snow whenever you want. When I was little my grandma in Kansas had an outhouse on skis, when she needed to change, someone would dig a new hole, they would fill up and cover up the old one, and slide the outhouse over. Grandma could slide it all by herself!

Paradise Chickens
"Poultry in Motion!"

Love harvster's idea!
lau.gif

You might look into 4 big rubber tire castors (2 that swivel and 2 that don't) but you may have to add a wire skirt, due to the change is height, to keep the birds in (it also helps to keep the digging predators out)

OK, here are the pic of how my handle is mounted. I have also updated my page.

55143_2011-05-31_112439.jpg

Screw the handle to a piece of 2x4 that is as wide as the handle, you will probally need a few washers.

55143_2011-05-31_112428.jpg

Then screw the 2x4 to the end of the coop. This also makes it easy if you want to pull it the other way. Unscrew the 2x4 and put it on the other end!

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom