Need dire help for cracked egg!

BantamBud

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 31, 2011
Lockport,NY
Hello, i was candling an egg when it fell and it cracked.I am extremely lucky to have the crack on the air bubble but it pushed though the membrane were the air bubble is but were the chick is the membrane is still intact.I can see inside the egg the chick is alive and moving at 15 days.I am worried that once he hits the air bubble with his beak he will drown.What can i do to fix the shell?

Is it in an incubator or under the hen? I'd make sure it's in an incubator, and just cross your fingers. I think it'll be ok. There's lots of stories here of cracked eggs that survived.

My personal story is pretty crazy. My friend took some eggs from me to stick under her broody. On day 19, another hen laid a monster egg in the clutch and crushed the one egg. We took it away from the mom, and stuck it in the incubator. She is a happy and healthy hen now who should start laying very soon. Here's video I took an hour or so after the crushing.

I had a cracked duck egg that was shipped to me and I put it in the incubator. It was shrink wrapped but ended up making it. It is a very healthy Ancona duck now

Hello, i was candling an egg when it fell and it cracked.I am extremely lucky to have the crack on the air bubble but it pushed though the membrane were the air bubble is but were the chick is the membrane is still intact.I can see inside the egg the chick is alive and moving at 15 days.I am worried that once he hits the air bubble with his beak he will drown.What can i do to fix the shell?
Depending on the severity of the crack you can seal it with candle wax. Birthday candle wax is better, as it melts at a lower temperature. Best of luck and hope the duckling hatches o.k!

i have some bad news the little guy died on me.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom