Need E-Bay advice...might have a problem.

Chickerdoodle13

The truth is out there...
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Ok, so I won my very first thing on ebay. I thought I had done everything right - I made sure the person had all positive feedback (he has over 160), made sure the ad seemed real and authentic, and even asked several questions.

The item I won is the original twister soundtrack. I sent $19.99 plus $8 shipping through paypal. The seller is in brazil. So anyway, I figured it would take about a week to get the cd. I waited a week and then got an e-mail saying he had trouble this week and would send it out the next week. I sent him an e-mail back thanking him for letting me know. (Now I'm a bit suspicious) I wait another week and still nothing. Now it's been about two and a half weeks (I believe I won the item on July 3rd) I sent him another e-mail about three days ago wondering if the item had been sent and no reply. I think I only have 30 days to report it, but now I don't know what to do. I really don't want to lose my money, but I really want the cd too.

Of course it figures my first thing off e-bay would be a bust. I refrained from buying on e-bay for so long because of this too!

Well, call me paranoid, but if you are running out of time to report the item, and he hasn't told you that it has shipped, I'd report it.

It would stink if you waited so long that you could no longer report it, you didn't get the item, and you were out your $30.

wow, chickerdoole! We learn by our mistakes. I make it a rule to mark only items in the usa. Make sure they have over a 99% rating and that means they have to have a whole bunch of items sold and have been a member for years before I will deal with them. I have been burned a couple times but haven't been burned since I made up my own rules for bidding. I am so sorry this happened to you, but contact eBay immediately or whoever you contact, and tell them everything. Oh, and always keep a copy of all emails in a folder on eBay, as it helps with the documentation. Again, I am so sorry.
sad.png

Ok, I just looked at the item not received report and I have 60 days. That lets me breathe a little.

I also payed via credit/debit card through paypal, so that helps me if I need to be refunded as well, right?

I have a copy of all the emails I've sent and received and a copy of all my paypal transactions. I am very careful about keeping records. I normally would not spend this much on ebay, but this was the only place I could find this cd.

ok, you have everything documented now notify them immediately. I have only been burned about three times in the last few years. Not for the past two years. I made the mistake of leaving a bad feedback. when I was new to eBay..that's a no no. ha I make it a habit of paying upon winning the bid..I mean immediately. After paying and leaving the bad feedback for something that looked very cheap upon it's delivery....the seller got on and ranted that I had tried to cheat them and rip them off, etc. I was shocked but did not respond. I was scared to leave any feedback for a long time after that. I no longer leave bad feedbacks...too many crazies out there. ha ha

It's good that you've got all your correspondence with the seller. Keep those handy in case you need to file a dispute with paypal for the seller not responding or sending out product.

As a general rule, I avoid foreign countries, some more so than others. I've been on eBay for almost 9 years and have had only a couple of bad experiences. It's bound to happen, unfortunately, it may be the case for your FIRST transaction and that blows!

As long as the seller has relatively good feedback and an "about me" page(seems to be that more reliable sellers have one), you should be okay. Keep in mind that shipping from foreign countries takes more time than you think. I just ordered something from Russia and that has an ETA of 2-4 weeks. And customs does sometimes hold things up and/or confiscate things!

Keep an eye on their feedback too...look for recent feedback. Sometimes sellers would go awol so to speak and then suddenly get LOTS of negative feedback, if that's the case your sol. If they are still getting good feedback, then again you may be okay.

Hope all turns out well for you! Good luck!

I think I'm going to hold off on my claim for a few more days. I have 60 days and now that I think about it, it may take a week or two for the shipping.

This is a rare out of print cd. Believe me, I've searched everywhere for it! The one in the link above is the soundtrack, not the original score. Normally the cd runs any where from $25 - $50. I've wanted this for years and finally figured I would treat myself to it. I'm pretty confident I can get my money back, after reading all the websites, but I'll give him another day or two to respond. If no response, then I'll file the claim. Thanks for all the advise!

Ok, all hope is not lost. I went back to view his feedback and he received two new ones today and yesterday. The one left today said he sent the item, received in good condition, but it took a little longer than normal. I will keep you updated!

If you haven't recieved your item and the seller doesn't answer emails, FILE NOW!

Ebay will send them a nice little letter and they WILL respond to it, or ebay/paypal will refund your money (I sell on Ebay).

Its worked for me in the past and should work for you.

Back
Top Bottom