Need encouragement and accountability...

I have been following, with interest, this thread (OK and a little bit of apprehension). jeaucamom I commend you on this endeavor and I am glad you came out of it unscathed. I have to say, I breathe a sigh of deep relief to hear you are OK after an 18 day fast. Yikes!

Since, you pointed out that you are a surgical nurse, as such KNEW what you were doing and what precautions to take, I kept mouth shut and followed.

However, it scares me that others may be considering this route towards enlightenment and, in doing so, might hurt themselves. Here's why...

My sister tried fasting too, with lemon water and what not, and after a week she went into a diabetic coma. She was out for 3 days. 3 days!!! When she finally came to she did not recognize her kids or husband. It took a couple more days for her to even grasp what was happening, let alone who all was around her!

She's fine now but, it really put a strain on her body.

I say this because as you stated you knew what you were doing but then to hear others want to start this DOES scare me a little, for them! I hope they find out as much as they can about THEIR body and what it can withstand before taking this on. Overlooking any pre-existing health condition can bring on harmful, often fatal results.

I am all about enlightenment and though I have a different approach than that one, I know MY approach is not the one for everyone. Nor will I criticize or discourage those that wish this or that approach but please...make sure you know what you are doing. Make sure you take the proper precautions while doing it and don't forget to listen to your body.

I wouldn't want what happened to my sister happen to anyone else.

If I offended anyone, I apologize it was not my intent. Again, I think it's awesome that it aided you in your journey towards an answer jeaucamom!

Blessings-

Pedro~:-V

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi......... I know physical abuse....got out of 2 relationships and one marriage that had it........this marriage is not physical abuse.but of another nature........ I am waiting on the Lord to say when...... long story..........but I will wait until I am at peace and very clear on my next move.....thank you for your encouragement, it is really appreciated. and needed
hugs.gif

Thanks Pedro, you are ABSOLUTELY correct when you caution people before attempting a huge fast like this. It is always necessary to consult a doctor BEFOREHAND to find out about your limitations and have ongoing medical care if needed.

This was by no means my first fast nor would I have EVER attempted this on a first go around. I have fasted for years and it is an integral part of my spritual life (although more infrequently now than in the past). There are lots of amazing books and web sites on fasting and learning all you can about fasting and having a clear understanding of why you are doing it is essential.

Thanks for the update, and I'm glad you got the answers you were seeking.

Marriage is a sacred covenant, no doubt, but it takes TWO people that stand up and agree to love, honor and cherish each other to make it work. While God is an important part of the marriage contract, God also gives us free will to make our own choices in life. He can't 'fix' someone if they are unwilling to truly change, and it sounds like you have given this person every chance to reform without success.

I'm with Dr Laura on this one - that there are three things that break the contract you made to each other and justify divorce. She talks about the 'three As'

Adultery
Abuse
Addiction

For the sake of your children and your sanity, health and well-being, it sounds to me like you have made the right decision. May God bless you and hold your hand through the rest of the difficult days you face ahead. Stay stong and keep the faith and you will persevere!

Abusive people rarely if ever change. I fasted and prayed (had fasted many times before too) before I ended my 16 year relationship with an abuser, who was (supposedly a Godly man). He would promise and promise and only got better at decieving. Amost made me lose my faith sometimes.

I am so blessed now. My new husband would never yell at me or hit me or the animals or kids and if he did I would leave immediately. People never understood why I stayed so long.....I just had to know I gave it my all and I did.

Good Job and I'm glad your prayer was answered as mine was. I had a feeling it was a very similar situation. I hope you have many more blessings to come and you should be proud of yourself!!
hugs.gif

Okie, there seems to be more of us out there than we realize. I was also married to an alcoholic abusive man for 9 years, I was afraid to breath in my own home, I finally took my children and left him after he choked me till I passed out. That was in 1982. In 1985 I met the man that God had been holding for me all my life, a good man and we have been married now for 22 yrs. God can change things for you, I know it, I will remember you and your DH in my prayers. Laura

Back
Top Bottom