Need encouragement and accountability...

jeaucamom

Songster
12 Years
Oct 1, 2007
Ophir, CA
I just started day 4 of my 40 day fast. I am doing this for spiritual reasons because my pastor has asked me to do something that is beyond my comprehension but there is sound scriptural basis for it, so I am seeking the will of God and asking for His intervention and guidance. I didn't realize it when I started, but day 40 is Christmas morning. What a wonderful way to celebrate the birth of my Savior with breaking my fast. Please pray for me to be faithful and remain strong in spirit and body. Thank You, Suz

PS as a nurse, I am aware of all the medical considerations...

Wow - self dicipline can be so important to find a higher meaning at times, and a fast is truly an opportunity to test your dicipline and focus your attention on your spiritural growth. Blessings to you as you embark on this journey.

Well I am seriously concerned for your safety, but by the same token I am deeply moved by your faith. We will pray for you and I will ask my Father to be there for you, though don't think that will be necessary. Please keep us posted on your progress. Your faith and conviction will be on my mind constantly I assure you!

Randy and Brenda

Last edited:
I have a friend who claims he is fasting for some absurd reason and it really annoys me because he doesn't know what he is doing. He is fasting for like four days, but only drinking water and taking some pills. As an EMT, I worry for his safety. He is not doing it for religion or spiritual reasons. He also doesn't need to lose weight, but he won't tell anyone why he is doing it!

However, if you know what you are doing then go for it, but just be careful! Let your body tellyou when there is something wrong!

I am curious as to what you will be eating/drinking during this time. I can't imagine not eating ANYTHING for 40. Are you taking some sort of supplement?

Quote:
I need some clarification here... what was it that your pastor asked you to do that is "beyond your comprehension?" Was it something else, and that's why you are fasting, or was it the fasting itself?

Thanks all for the encouraging words. I will be drinking lemon water (the oxalic acid in it counter acts the acids your body makes as it breaks down fat and muscle for energy) and taking vitamins and minerals. I have fasted many times before but never for this long.

No, my pastor did not ask me to fast. He is asking me to consider a change of heart in regards to a personal matter that I just can't see making. It is of HUGE import to my life and has enormous implications for me and my children. Farther than that, I can't say, though I would desperately love to. I really want to hear from the Lord, not strengthen my convictions and mindset via human support. Hope that makes sense.

Day 3 is always the hardest. It is the day that your body finally finishes it's withdrawal from addictions, (ie sugar etc) and today I feel much better. Not weak or tired or even hungry for that matter. Just concentrating on my relationship with God and reading the word. I've been led to great scripture that is very encouraging.

Thanks again all, I will keep you posted.

Chrisitan. I attend a Calvery Chapel church, but I truly do not believe in denominations as they are devisive. Our pastor is an amazing teacher/preacher not to mention a good friend.

Back
Top Bottom