Need encouragement and accountability...

Ksacres, God did not require it of me, but I do believe He lead me to it. I promise, if at any time before the 40 days are up, I hear the Lord tell me, "My child, feel free to eat today" I will with no guilty feelings at all. And actually my pastor asked me to do something and as I was praying about his request that is when I felt lead to begin this. He was not the initiator of this in any way. Fasting is a God ordained way to seek Him and His will and throught history has been done for much longer than this with no ill affects. But thank you and bless you for your concern. I do not take being my children's mother for granted ONE SINGLE DAY! I am a cancer survivor and KNOW how blessed I am to be alive.

Kristi, First I gaged cuz I could actually smell the farts then I laughed out loud!! Thank you!! I don't know why he has diarrhea THIS time. Very mucousy, I think allergic reaction. And he did eat an acorn last week that I freaked out about and was posting all over the place. The toxic affect of that is supposed to cause gastroenteritis after several days, so that is the main thing I am blaming this on. He did have his first normal poop this morning, but he also barfed. Holy Cow this dog is a walking time bomb.

I have fasted before, but my blood sugar drops so low I can't tell if God is speaking to me or I'm losing my mind. I do believe in fasting and prayer and how powerful it is.

When I was going through my divorce I prayed and prayed because I didn't believe in it. I thought it was a sin, then on day 4, I read a scripture that said "God has set before you an open door that no man can shut and you are relieved of your sin" after I read that I felt like I had the OK from upstairs to escape my abuse and I did. It's been a blessed journey ever since. May Jesus hold you and keep you at peace, with clear mind and strong body as you seek his guidance and may Gods voice be clear to your heart.

I admire your journey and wish you well!
smile.png

I feel kind of bad that I didn't keep this thread updated. Sorry!!

I am free to share now because I got the answer to the prayer that I was seeking. I have been separated for a year and a half from a very abusive man. We tried to make it work, but there was little to no change in his behavior. After having no contact for some time, my pastor, who has been mentoring him, says he is ready to be the spiritual head of our home. This came at a very difficult time, because the kids and I just found a home we want to move to that will allow our menagerie of animals and we are much happier without the stress in our lives. My pastor was asking me to have a change of heart, believe my husband had changed and move back in with him. That would entail getting rid of all the animals I have now (I won't take the chance of them being abused) and my two older kids would go live with their Dad for same reason. And yet, if that is really what the Lord wanted me to do, I trusted Him to work out the details. Wow, talk about a turning point. I do believe in the sanctity of marriage and I do believe in the changing power of the Holy Spirit, but there were too many circumstances that prevented me from believing my husband had changed, and yet I trust and respect my pastor's opinion. He knows all the details of my marriage and would never knowingly or lightly send us back to a bad situation.

So... I fasted.

Through one event after another, I was proven correct that there was no change. And I was given many, many scriptures to encourage and keep me strong. A week ago, it became completely clear to me what my answer was and I have total peace about moving into our new home and not going back at this point. So when I had my answer I stopped fasting.

I have to say it was an amazing experience and my spiritual life was really deepened during the process. And my confidence in my answer is in large part to my fast. The Lord really blessed me in my effort to seek His will and seek Him. He truly met me in my journey.

Thank you so much for all your prayers of support and encouragment. There is a huge part of me that is sad that it didn't last longer than 18 days, but I know I was completely released to stop when I did. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again if I felt led to. It truly was amazing. Thanks again, all, you folks are the greatest.

hugs.gif
wow...thanks so much for sharing this today. I am similiar situation BUT we live in the same house.....if I was to leave I could take nothing with me...........I stay......pray.pray pray....... and you have got me thinking of fasting.....to get an answer about what I should NOW do.........
but there were too many circumstances that prevented me from believing my husband had changed

That is where I am ...........if you would please pray for direction for myself AND my husband.........I would greatly appreciate it......It is always so encouraging to me to hear that others get clear answers....and such a blessing for you too..... I also believe in the santity of marriage......but GOD knows best and living together or separate , well. he can do HIS work no matter where you two are
big_smile.png

Oh Suz - congrats for getting through this and thank God you made the right decision. Hopefully now you can be at a point to put it behind you and know that you, along with God's help, made the right choice. Abusive men (and women; don't mean to generalize) don't change. They lie and can cover their tracks well and always make it look to others that things are your fault. Perhaps deep down you knew this and were waiting for a sign from God that your thinking was correct. I'm glad you read that sign loud and clear, for your sake as well as your children's. Good luck and take care.

To OkieChick - I just saw your comment. I was married for 13 years to an abusive man. When it came to the point where I truly feared for my life, I found the strength somehow to pack up my two children, my dog, and what clothes we could pack and walk out the door with nothing else. I was fortunate that I could stay with my parents; I know some have nowhere to go.

It's taken 7 years, but I am back on my feet and am stronger than I have ever been. I have finally found the one man that God hand-picked for me and am glad that I made the decision to do what I did. It wasn't easy, by any means, but remember that you don't deserve to be mistreated by anyone, especially the one person who is supposed to love, honor and protect you. I wish you all the best.

Back
Top Bottom