Need GQF 1202 Information

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Crunchie, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    I would love any and all info., opinions, etc. on the GQF 1202 cabinet incubator. Not the 1202A Sportsman, the original old 1202 (GQF doesn't make it anymore), the one with the two thermostats/wafers. I have a possible lead on one to buy, and I just want to know what kind of trouble I could be getting into if it works out. That is, aside from the trouble that comes with buying an incubator that can hold 275+ eggs. I am well aware of the slippery slope that that is. [​IMG]

So, if you have one or have experience with this model, please give me the good, the bad, and the ugly. [​IMG] I'd also be interested to hear what, if any, modifications or upgrades can be made with newer parts.

Thanks!

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    We have 3 of them, have had them since 2000. Never done anything whatso ever to them. I highly recommend them.

3. KYBOY

KYBOY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Eastern,Kentucky
    My friend has had two of them for over 20 years..Hatched many thousands of eggs in them.Often both of them would be running for months on end..Good incubators.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  4. metcalfmk

metcalfmk Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2008
    Huntsville, TX
    I just got one of these too, on loan from a friend. It really needs to be cleaned up. It doesn't have the water pan up top, or a hygrometer, but i am so excited to start using it!

5. DANNY

DANNY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    GAINESVILLE, GEORGIA
    An incubator is just a box. It's the componants inside it that is the most important. A 1202 is a good incubator. I would put a new micro switch and wafer in it. A s long as the fan and heating coil works you should be in good shape.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by