Need hatch buddies due Oct 25-26th PIC'S

My power was out last night, too. Have no idea for how long
sad.png

And I didn't have time to see how the temp was in the bator, soooo guess I'll just
fl.gif

Sending prayers and good thoughts to you all that the power outage didn't ruin your hatches.

That really stinks!!

I candled last night and had fairly good results. Out of 11 I had three that I think aren't going to hatch. 2 clear and 1 possible blood ring. Since none of them were stinkers I left them in as it was my first time candling. I'll candle these three again in a few days to check progress and keep an eye on them for smell.

Laney

Day 9, almost halfway through to hatch day. Neither of the two Orp eggs I accidentally put in with the Dels developed. One didn't seem fertilized at all. The other one was definitely fertile, but probably stopped at Day 2--the yolk was really swirly and looked like storm clouds, but no veining. I know there is veining on Day 4, so it had to stop after Day 1, but by Day 3. Weird. The BR egg I also accidentally included is growing great, though, as are 29 of the 30 Delawares that went into the bator (#30 wasn't fertile)
Still, there are 30 eggs in there going strong.

I still have not candled again, I am worried to touch them much now, but I need to start thinking about it so I know what I have (and dont keep bad eggs) good vibes!!!
fl.gif

Looked in the microwave bator today and had 2 pips. Out of the 12 eggs I had set I had to chunk 7. 3 bloodrings and 4 not fertile. But 2 pips are better than none. Hope everyone else is doing great.

Congrats on the pips! I can't wait for that to start happening here!

I'm on day 15 (well, almost day 16 since it's only another 10mins to midnight). I have a couple for sure that will be tossed before setting them to hatch. I am waiting until Thursday night to toss them though since I have kids coming over that evening to see the candling process and I want to be able to show them the difference in development. There are some more that I am unsure of, but I think if they don't have too much trouble hatching that I should get a decent number.

well had to toss some cochins. For some reason i do not do well with them!
And WOW those EE eggs are hard to see! Guessing on those~
I go on lockdown Friday

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom