Need hatch buddies due Oct 25-26th PIC'S

I can tell you, being a newbie to hatching it's killing me to wait to candle. Even more so it's killing my 13 year old daughter. However, I tell her it's not good for the eggs (then tell it to myself in my head) to handle them more than necessary and that we won't see anything yet.

I put it on my calendar for Sunday which would be day 7 so that I can be more strict with myself about it.

Laney

*Sigh* Guess I'll just wait then. That's kind of what I figured, but I am just so anxious to see if that temp issue killed everything.

Quote:
I have a daughter that helps me with my eggs, too.
We set ours 9/30 in the afternoon, so chicks should start showing up on the 21st or 22nd.
We candled last night and of 25 eggs we have 17 definite 3 maybes, 2 clear, 1 bloodring and 2 Welsummers that will remain a mystery LOL.

13 are Levder d'Uccles
10 are silkies or showgirls
2 are Welsummers

Mine are due Oct. 19/20th. I candled a couple times now. I had a few eggs with ?'s, and since they are blue and green eggs I haven't been able to see much. Well, I checked those early this morning. ( it was still dark) I could see veins in some of them.
smile.png
It's day 12 so it's a good thing I left them alone. I'll just keep an eye on em, and hope for the best.
My brown eggs have been fine. I could see veins, and movement, so I've been leaving those alone.
I had to toss 2 of the 4 blue orp eggs. They had blood rings, and the other two are iffy. I've been periodically checking those, since they don't look clear. It'll bum me out if they don't hatch, but I can always get more, and try again later
smile.png

So, all in all it looks good so far. I'm glad my green and blue eggs are starting to show some progress. I was getting a little worried.

Bluemoon

Were coming along, this hoping for the best, I did candle and have 4 of 11 questionables but Im so new to this, Im going to give it a little more time to make sure.

well..............to say the least we had a hell of a night, electric was out.....game the eggs to my broodie, they all wouldnt fit exactly soo.....who knows, electrics back on now but it may be too late,
he.gif

I was doing so good and
th.gif
thud, I have a bone to pick with the electric company
rant.gif

and hope for the best
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom