Need Help! 18 day old hatching eggs. Hen died

Yes me too sorry is anymore chicks walking around yet?
The first two are walking, eating, and pooping, so I guess they are okay. My third pip (yesterday around noon) has not progressed at all; still the same pip hole. I opened the hole just a bit to see if it was alive and I can see it moving. I am afraid it may not be strong enough to break out and I know can’t do it for it. It is frustrating to just watch it and not try to help it. But everything I have read has said to leave it alone. I have had no more pips. Today is definitely 21 days as I marked her eggs on Friday (3 weeks ago) and began removing extra eggs daily.

The first two are walking, eating, and pooping, so I guess they are okay. My third pip (yesterday around noon) has not progressed at all; still the same pip hole. I opened the hole just a bit to see if it was alive and I can see it moving. I am afraid it may not be strong enough to break out and I know can’t do it for it. It is frustrating to just watch it and not try to help it. But everything I have read has said to leave it alone. I have had no more pips. Today is definitely 21 days as I marked her eggs on Friday (3 weeks ago) and began removing extra eggs daily.
Number 3 HATCHED!!!! Praise God!!! No more pips at the moment; but we are waiting.

Number 3 HATCHED!!!! Praise God!!! No more pips at the moment; but we are waiting.
I am just here lurking to see how many hatched. :celebrate:wee:yesss:

I have tried to help one hatch once and it died in my hand. It didn't have the yolk absorbed. It isn't to say it could not have survived, the yolk sack can be kept moist until it absorbs, but I didn't have experience to assist and I opened the egg too soon. If it is moving and chirping, I would say wait. It won't suffocate or starve to death. If it stops chirping then there is a problem. Today is day 21 so it is not a late hatch.
Fingers crossed this one will come out too.

I have tried to help one hatch once and it died in my hand. It didn't have the yolk absorbed. It isn't to say it could not have survived, the yolk sack can be kept moist until it absorbs, but I didn't have experience to assist and I opened the egg too soon. If it is moving and chirping, I would say wait. It won't suffocate or starve to death. If it stops chirping then there is a problem. Today is day 21 so it is not a late hatch.
See post number 11657 on thread Hands on hatching and help. we just went through something like this. Hope it helps. Tapping your index finger in food and water will help them learn how to eat and drink. Good luck and congrats on all the hard work you have done so far. :hugs:fl

It did! I now have three. I have three more for sure that I am waiting and two that I fairly sure are no good. But I won’t mess with any of them for now.

Thanks.

See post number 11657 on thread Hands on hatching and help. we just went through something like this. Hope it helps. Tapping your index finger in food and water will help them learn how to eat and drink. Good luck and congrats on all the hard work you have done so far. :hugs:fl
How do you search by post number?

Back
Top Bottom