NEED HELP ASAP ASAP ASAP !!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by newnanchic, Nov 17, 2008.

  1. newnanchic

    newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

    Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    O.K. I have my first Black copper marans eggs in the incubator and the past 2 1/2 days one has been rocking and still no pip so I finally opened up the hatcher to see if it was still alive it is cherping still no piping !! What do I do my dh wants me to make a tiny pin hole in it for it to get fresh air. I want it to live !! These are my very first eggs from the girls they should have hatched late Sat. help me please !!!!
     
  2. lurky

    lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

    Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I had one chirping for more than a day before it pipped. I think you should leave it for now.
     
  3. Guitartists

    Guitartists Resistance is futile

    Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Best to leave it be for now.
     
  4. Chickenaddict

    Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

    3,691
    22
    223
    May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I would wait a bit longer. If the temps fluctuated in the bator that can delay the hatch. The hardest part is staying patient while they hatch LOL. I am sure if they are rocking and rolling still that its just a matter of time before they pip [​IMG] they hatch soon. I'd say (but certainly no expert) Give it another day and if they haven't pipped by tomorrow i would step in
     
  5. MissPrissy

    MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

    24,442
    51
    371
    May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Close the incubator. You are changing the hatch environment.

    What day of incubation are you on? 21 going into 22?

    They are not late yet. Try to be patient. If you break into the shell and the yolk isn't absorbed the chick will have a greater chance of not surviving at all.
     
  6. hatchaholic

    hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

    Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    If it were me, I'd wait.
     
  7. trishok8

    trishok8 Chillin' With My Peeps

    166
    0
    129
    Feb 18, 2008
    Scituate
    I agree---I would leave it be. It will hatch when it's ready.

    I hatched 7 silkies in October and one was later than the rest to hatch so I thought I would help it along. As I was picking away at the shell (trying to help it) I realized it still had its little umbilical cord attached which is why it was slower to hatch.

    I know it's tempting, but try to leave well enough alone. You cannot force nature.

    Good luck and Congrats![​IMG]
     
  8. newnanchic

    newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

    Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    O.K. I will wait . It has been rooling for 2 1/2 days now and I heard it cherping. I got a new incubator in the middle of these so I moved them to my sportsman bator then to the hatcher on day 18. My temps have been right on and the humidity is good as well. I just don't want to let it die with out doing anything.
     
  9. newnanchic

    newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

    Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    I am on day 23 !!!
     
  10. KellyHM

    KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

    7,096
    13
    261
    Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I know everyone is saying to wait, but don't wait too long. I had one that was rocking and hadn't pipped that I helped out. It was very large and couldn't get turned properly in the egg. I think yours are pullet eggs, right? So the egg might be too small. I prefer to help than to have them die on me, but that's just my opinion. Especially on Day 23!
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by