Need Help ASAP!! Daughter brought home 5 wild bunnies.

Walmart will sell replacer in cans for various wild animals. I think they have a kitten replacer that you can use.

if you have neighbors with goats nows a good time to make friends. Raw goats milk is like the replace-all of milks.

TSC will sell little syringes, or even walmart in the baby section for giving medication, thats what you want to feed them with.

Probably every two hours until theyre bigger. Probably a teaspoon or two each is all you'll manage at a feeding at this stage.

keep them warm and fuzzy and keep them in dim light when you're not feeding them.

They'll make it!

They do not have their eyes open.

I gave them some goats milk before I got the recipe from someone. I have 2 nannies that kidded on Sunday. I also plan to store about a quart of their milk for future emergencies.

Quote:
By some rabbit pellets and crush, add water and see if they will eat at it.

Bone meal can be found at a pet supply store, such as Pets Mart. It is a powder and will be in a small container.

If their eyes are still closed, don't try to feed them anything except milk/formula. Keep them warm and make sure to stimulate them to go to the bathroom-and make sure they do go (both pee and poo).

Good luck!

Quote:
You are right, I forgot to state that. Someone mentioned eyes open and I had a brain freeze.

Yes, to feed the soft pellet their eyes must be open.

Thanks ksacres, good reminder.

Goats milk is the preference for rabbit breeders to use on orphaned litters. I would stick with that. You'll also want to take a warm damp cloth and rub it on their little bottoms. It will stimulate them to pee. They can't do that on their own for the first few days.

Ive used esbilac goats milk on young bunnies with some sucess because the KMR, and puppy milk replacers never seem to work.

UPDATE-----We lost 1 this morning so we now have 4. They have their eyes open and are getting furry.
They are pooing alot-there are tiny black specs in the box and they pee too. We are wiping them down with warm baby wipes.
We still have a long way to go--they are realy tiny.
We are feeding the goats milk.

the four i had started eating lettuce so i guess they'll be ok.
Hen House, you may want to look for that intestinal bacteria i used on the tree rats. it's called Bene Bac but i'm sure there are others.
verify it's use in rabbits first. good luck.
smile.png

Quote:
YES - this is very important! A friend of mine is a rehabber and she said you can only get a baby rabbit so far with milk replacer - you need the milk AND the caecotropes in the milk for the development of their digestive system or they WILL die. She didn't own a pet rabbit and she would ask me to save her the caecotropes from my rabbits when she was rehabbing rabbits and she was finally able to get them past the 2 week mark. They are the grape-like clusters of rabbit poo passed 1st thing in the am - if you have pet rabbits, just collect them fresh from your bunnies and mix it with their milk.

Back
Top Bottom