Need help! Change the ordinance!

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by Kilvarp, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Kilvarp

Kilvarp In the Brooder

Oct 20, 2018
    Wow, I did not know Chicago could have them. So I checked Ohio, Cleveland and Columbus can too. All 8 of the neighboring townships to me do not allow chickens in residential, except one. Thank you for signing.

2. tripletfeb

tripletfeb Songster

I just read about you in the chronicle. Hows it going, any luck yet?

Kilvarp likes this.
  3. Kilvarp

Kilvarp In the Brooder

Oct 20, 2018
    Hi, next meeting is with the zoning commission nov 6th. Have to present to them now and see what they think.

Feather Hearts likes this.
  4. tripletfeb

tripletfeb Songster

Good luck!

Kilvarp likes this.
  5. Scorpy89

Scorpy89 Chirping

Jul 17, 2018
    Lanett, AL
    posting to follow, hope all goes well.

Kilvarp likes this.
  6. Kilvarp

Kilvarp In the Brooder

Oct 20, 2018
    Thank you

Feather Hearts likes this.
  7. puffypoo

puffypoo Crossing the Road

Oct 3, 2015
    Massachusetts
    I used to live in Chicago...If I had chickens when I lived there I could have turned my entire backyard into a coop for 10 lol!

8. Kilvarp

Kilvarp In the Brooder

Oct 20, 2018
    So I met with the Zoning Commission on voting day during a huge storm where half the city had no power. Needless to say, I didn't draw a crowd of support. I did have 160 signatures though between paper and gopetition. They talked a lot about how much work this would be for them to change the zoning, how long it would take and that they didn't know how all the towns people felt. They kept referencing to farms and large livestock. I continued to push this was urban farming and small quantities of small animals. It ended with they wanted to research up on what other townships were doing around us. That townships are not the same as cities. Any advice?

4 Georgia Hens likes this.
  9. Tortoise

Tortoise Songster

Aug 19, 2018
    Chicago
    Maybe if you can get any info right from the townships around you that allow them as far as how it's not an issue. How they deal with any issues, etc. Maybe also some info from people that live in those townships and pictures of their set ups, etc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: