need help! chicken antifungal

watersoflethe

Songster
9 Years
Apr 28, 2010
Corona/Mira Loma CA
one of my chickens has spots on her comb that looks a lot like fungus. i could sort of scrape it off. i've had her on a antibiotic for a while but its not helping and the lumps are getting bigger and burrowing into the skin. i need an antifungal but i can't get nystatin since its prescription only. and right now i can't afford the huge vet bill that will come with the chicken. i just had a huge vet bill because of my rabbit and can't afford another one for a bit. is there any antifungal i can use on her? besides nystatin? please help.

what about a topical antifungal like Lamisil or Tinactin, or something with fluconazole in it? I have no idea if they're safe for chickens or not, I just know they're antifungals.
hmm.png

Quote:
sorry my camera is on the fritz. and phone camera cannot get a picture close enough. however i'm pretty sure its fungal. its not scabs because it is too big and numerous. the lesions stick out too much. plus they would've healed by now its been almost two weeks. and fowl pox probably would've healed by now too. but its not fowl pox it lacks the black dots and the lesions look different. thanks for the suggestion though.

is there any antifungal (edible or injectable preferably) that can be used on chickens that i can get without a prescription?

Quote:
favus seems similiar but the lesions dont seem simliar at all. mine are yellow and huge lumps unlike the fine spread favus. thanks for the info though.

anybody know of any otc antifungals i can also use on chickens?

Hmmm Apple cider vinegar kill mold... and tea tree oil is supposed to be anti fungal. I don't know if these would work but I don't think they would hurt.

Back
Top Bottom