Need help Identifying chicks

cynrg8

Hatching
May 24, 2020
Hi! I’m pretty new to raising chicks. I got a few from tractor supply about two weeks back. I know what some are but then there’s these one which I’m not 100% about. Especially the one with the crazy feathers going everywhere

Attachments

Jun 28, 2017
Illinois
I'm not going to be able to help you with breeds, but your crazy haired white one looks like it has a frizzle gene. Your black and white one is a cockerel. Were these bantams? My best guess would be bantam Cochin. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

FuzzyCritters

Songster
Mar 13, 2020
Kitsap county, WA
The white one is a frizzle cochin. The chick in the second picture is a dark brahma. The chick in the third pic is a mottled cochin, and it is a cockerel. The fourth chick is a barred cochin.

cynrg8

Hatching
May 24, 2020
The white one is a frizzle cochin. The chick in the second picture is a dark brahma. The chick in the third pic is a mottled cochin, and it is a cockerel. The fourth chick is a barred cochin.
The one with the frizzle genes I forgot to mention has 5 toes on each foot as well so I’m not 100 that it’s a Cochin but I’m not sure what it might be

Top Bottom