Need help identifying this breed

Pics
Oh, I agree completely. It was like a car accident, you want to but you can't look away! Just out of curiousity, what do you think the OP's bird is, cockerel or pullet?
Quite a few like that here.

I'm also on the cockerel train... for now. Too many things point to that. It's not just a black and white case though. The bird was malnourished, which would stunt all development. Poor thing still has a fluff butt. OP has done a heck of a job with getting it better nutrition though, and it shows. Huge difference in first pics and most recent. Crazy what some quality feed will do.

Will be interesting to see what the bird looks like in a few more weeks. I like these cases. Especially when the OP gives updates.

I'm also on the cockerel train... for now. Too many things point to that. It's not just a black and white case though. The bird was malnourished, which would stunt all development. Poor thing still has a fluff butt. OP has done a heck of a job with getting it better nutrition though, and it shows. Huge difference in first pics and most recent. Crazy what some quality feed will do.

Will be interesting to see what the bird looks like in a few more weeks. I like these cases. Especially when the OP gives updates.

Well said! OP, please keep updating with pictures

A question could this also happen if she was “inbred”
I dont believe so “line breeding” as it’s called in chickens is pretty common, especially with breeders, I dont think breeders would do it so much if it caused something like this, I also don’t see how that could cause a change in hormones. Good suggestion though.

She’s also allowed to free range during the day... although that’s had to be limited due to the fact that the other half got a puppy who keeps jumping on them... so I’ve had to pen for a few hours so pup can have the yard then pen pup so the “feathers” can have the yard...

With these new pics showing saddles..
Unfortunately, Audrey does look to be male.
And that egg isn’t hers. Much too big for a “first time layer” and not the right color for a Wyandotte.
He is about 16 weeks old NOW. Not 20. The vet cannot accurately judge age without knowing when he hatched....
And to be honest, any old farm vet will tell you it’s a hen for 85$.

Back
Top Bottom