Need help NOW! Emergency hatches! Please advise!

Awwwwwww......How cute!! I know your feeling of excitement. The hole is ok...just gives it the chance to get air...and used to being "outside" of the shell. It will "zip" in no time. CONGRATS!! Ohhh, im sooo excited for you!!
wee.gif

caf.gif
What wonderful news!!! I just tuned in and you've made my day.
You guys are in my thoughts every day, and now so will your new peeps!!
jumpy.gif

Keep those pics coming, this is just so exciting!!
wee.gif

jumpy.gif

jumpy.gif

jumpy.gif

POSTING FOR 4H:
I'm on the phone with her right now and she's having a problem getting her humidity above 50%. Any Ideas? She's got a dish of hot water, 2 wet sponges and both resiviores full.

I have never hatched any before, but I was wondering if it would help to spray water in there like with a mister botttle. Maybe by misting it would help get the humidity into the air faster. Like I said, I have never used an incubator before so It was just the first idea that popped into my mind.
GOOD LUCK!!
Kristyne

missusduray's post jogged my memory; with my recent hatch I did use a spay bottle and misted WARM water in the bottom of my incubator to bring up the humidity quickly. It worked well.

I'm so happy for you! Congrats and keep the pictures coming. I can't wait I'm on day 13 on my batch of eggs I have 9 total left out of 20. Good Luck. Oh what does DD think of the new babies?

DD is cautiously optimistic, as am I. She tries cheeping to the chicks, but she gets way excited when they cheep back and she has to leave the room. I asked her why, and she said because she can't start to love them yet because they might still not make it. She just cant handle anymore loss.
sad.png
Will keep pics coming as things progress.

4H, please don't take this wrong as this is only out of concern and to help you and the chicks: after you spray the incubator, CLOSE IT and KEEP IT CLOSED until the chicks hatch. The pictures you are posting are great, but opening the incubator severly dries out the membranes inside the eggs which causes the chicks to stick to them and makes it much harder for them to hatch.

I didn't think opening the incubator would affect the chicks that were still pipping, but I found out the hard way with my recent first hatch- the first four chicks hatched out fine, but then I opened the incubator and it ended up drying out the other two that were still pipping, even though my humidity was over 70% the whole time. I had to assist their hatch, and when I finally got them out, it was like they were covered with super glue; I'm not exaggerating. They are doing okay; but not nearly as good as the chicks that hatched without assistance. One still has membrane stuck to its wing.

Back
Top Bottom