need help on run design

I would consider a steeper pitch like aart mentioned if it were me. But I am a southerner, so “snow load” terrifies me 🤣🤷‍♀️. What I posted included the minimum slope recommeded, so if you aren't super confident in your construction skills framing out the walls and roof, I would for sure make it more steep than that. 🤔 But again, terrified southerner here 🤣.

I just know my dad (northerner) was FLABBERGASTED at building practices in Florida when he used to live there because they didn’t account for snow load so the roofs were much less supported overall. And people preferred less pitch so they could walk around on their roofs to clean them. Took him a while to adjust. Anyway, my take.

I would consider a steeper pitch like aart mentioned if it were me. But I am a southerner, so “snow load” terrifies me 🤣🤷‍♀️. What I posted included the minimum slope recommeded, so if you aren't super confident in your construction skills framing out the walls and roof, I would for sure make it more steep than that. 🤔 But again, terrified southerner here 🤣.

I just know my dad (northerner) was FLABBERGASTED at building practices in Florida when he used to live there because they didn’t account for snow load so the roofs were much less supported overall. And people preferred less pitch so they could walk around on their roofs to clean them. Took him a while to adjust. Anyway, my take.
I am not confident in my building skills but confident in my husband's. Lol. He does HVAC so on lots of construction sites. When building our coop and run he got lots of info from home builders. They laughed at how beefy our coop and run were. But we know the babies are safe. 😀

Back
Top Bottom