Need help please

Describe what the roo is doing when this happens? Is it non-stop?

How long does it last?

How far apart are the seizures?

Has he had any exposure to chemicals of any kind? Think hard about this as it could help save his life.

It lasts about a minute and it has been on and off between 5 to ten minutes and I don't think he has been around any chemicals unless he got them outside idk

Does he lose consciousness?

What has he had to eat? Has he had access to any compost where coffee grounds are disposed of? Avocado pits and skins?

Can you get a video?

If this is from something he's eaten, it would be sometime today. Has he been given anything new to eat that he's never had before?

Just his usual crumble nothing new it seems like it might have finally stopped i gave him some save a chick electrolights and his color seems to be returning keeping a close eye on him still really worried tried to upload video but it wouldn't let me

Causes of seizures or convulsions in poultry are numerous. The first thing to suspect is a toxin such as mold. Have you checked the feed for signs of mold? Smell it. Mold will make the feed smell horrible.

There are toxic foods that chickens shouldn't have. Compost piles get chickens into a lot of trouble. I've had my share of grief from stuff in compost that have made my chickens very sick. I no longer dispose of food in my compost.

With the electrolytes, give him some sugar in the same water. It will elevate his glucose which affects his brain directly. This may help.

Causes of seizures or convulsions in poultry are numerous. The first thing to suspect is a toxin such as mold. Have you checked the feed for signs of mold? Smell it. Mold will make the feed smell horrible.

There are toxic foods that chickens shouldn't have. Compost piles get chickens into a lot of trouble. I've had my share of grief from stuff in compost that have made my chickens very sick. I no longer dispose of food in my compost.

With the electrolytes, give him some sugar in the same water. It will elevate his glucose which affects his brain directly. This may help.
OK thank you so much for your help I was so worried

Back
Top Bottom