Need help please

Just his usual crumble nothing new it seems like it might have finally stopped i gave him some save a chick electrolights and his color seems to be returning keeping a close eye on him still really worried tried to upload video but it wouldn't let me
To post a video here you need to post it to youtube first. When you upload it to youtube, if you want you can put it on "unlisted" then only people with the link can see it.

The seizures may have been caused by dehydration or shock from being frightened by a predator. Restoring his glucose and electrolyte balances, he may recover quickly with no ill after effects.

If you determine the rooster has indeed ingested a toxin such as mold or coffee grounds, a flush would be a good idea. It will stimulate in a gentle way, diarrhea to clean out his digestive system. You can do it using Epsom salt solution or a molasses flush. Select one.

For the Epsom salt flush, mix a teaspoon of Epsom salt in a cup of water to dissolve it. Let the rooster drink as much as he will in lieu of his regular water.

If you choose to do the molasses flush, dissolve one teaspoon of molasses in a fourth of a cup of warm water and try to get him to drink it all.

There is a chance that the seizures are being triggered by tumors or a cardio issue. I'm afraid there is no help for that, and if this is the cause, your roo may soon die.

Sorry about your rooster having seizures. How old is he? Could he have suffered a head injury somehow? Where are you located? Have there been any chicken diseases, such as Newcastles or avian influenza, reported in your area? I hope that he gets better. I would keep him separated in a dog crate and see that he is getting water and food while he is having seizures.

He seems to be doing better this morning I don't know what caused it but I'm still keeping a close eye on him thanks to everyone who responded means the world to me

Sorry about your rooster having seizures. How old is he? Could he have suffered a head injury somehow? Where are you located? Have there been any chicken diseases, such as Newcastles or avian influenza, reported in your area? I hope that he gets better. I would keep him separated in a dog crate and see that he is getting water and food while he is having seizures.
He's only 4 months old he was the only one out of 12 eggs to hatch my poor baby

Back
Top Bottom