NEED HELP!!! What gender is my pekin duck?

Well... Poppy has moved out to the neighbour's paddock with a few other mallards. She is fed and they have a water race. I can't get to her so I think I will just let her free. I will always be able to see her out my wndow so I jnow she is safe. However.. they are a cow farm and calves come in every year. How will I keep her safe? Also, I have 2 cats (they are scared of her), a horse, and a chicken. If she comes back, what would happen if I ut them together?

Is Poppy same size as the Mallards? sounds to me like she wants her freedom and if you haven't a way to keep her contained [maybe if she had another duck friends] she will just keep going where the fun is with other ducks.
What would happen if she came back and you put her with who?

That was very sweet of you. I'd say Poppy and your hen would probably be fine together as long as there is enough room for them to get away from each other if they want. Maybe once you get them set up together you can snap a few pics and share with us?

Absolutely no sign of her except for a white dot on the distance:( At least i know she is happy and has some friends. On my birthday we all went on a "Poppy Hunt" to see if we could find her. It was really weird because you could see a drake feather from one angle and not from another angle! She sounds half female and half male lol. I am pretty much certain that she is a whie mallard. She is quite heavily built and in the UK I saw some wild white mallards (weird) and they were identical. And also to add a muscovy came over to me and it was so funny. I absolutely LOVE ducks and i really want some more but dad said no;( And you don't get wild ducks here in the country of NZ bacause they have 'duck shooting season':( So i am stuck.

Back
Top Bottom