need help with a waterer cup thing

You would not want these to release air from the cup. That is part of what makes the cup so good, it has a tight fit at the water point so water only flows one way, keeping that green nasty growth from getting into the system like you get with hanging waterers. It would allow you to attach to bottles wihtout an issue but that is easily solved with the air release in the bottle.

It's actually pretty cool to use it on a bottle, I was able to provide several watering options for an integration issue and it worked well with the tube in the bottle, I also plan to use them in a gravity feed system during summer and eventually in a heated, recirculating system in the winter.

I think they were meant to be used with gravity feed.. ie: bottom of a bucket, but of course once a product is in place clever people figure out different ways to use them.

No sense in slamming it.

Watering cups have been a life saver! I used the ridiculous red and white waterer from TSC that you have to flip upside down to fill everyday for a year. Now I have 4 watering cups attached to a 5 gallon pickle bucket. I was able to find the watering cups on ebay 4 cups for $11.95 with free shipping, and I was able to get a free food grade pickle bucket with lid from a local cafe. They were extremely easy to install, less than 10mins start to finish and have been preforming perfectly! My chickens learned how to drink from them right away. I removed there old waterer and they were triggering the yellow plunger for water in no time. I would absolutely recommend these to anyone looking to water some chickens and is tired of having to do so everyday. The water stays clean, last for days, and does not ever spill in our coop.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Pack-Poul...325?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417d62216d

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom