Need help with aggressive...PULLET!

@sourland I tried your method before I got your second response, so I think I did it wrong. I held her down with both hands around her back and wings. Both times sent her into a sneezing fit when I let her up. She did stay nice longer than what she did when I would pick her up and restrain her. After the second hold to the ground her sneezing fit (or maybe it was hiccups?) lasted a few minutes so I left her alone after that. I will try again PROPERLY this afternoon.

@aart She doesn't seem to respond to the finger pecks. I've been doing that for about a month with no luck.

@aart She doesn't seem to respond to the finger pecks. I've been doing that for about a month with no luck.
Are you pecking her 'hard'...and keep pecking her as she moves away?
Got to be fast and assertive, with pecking and/or holding down.
If that doesn't work, holding her down is the next thing.

@sourland I tried your method before I got your second response, so I think I did it wrong. I held her down with both hands around her back and wings. Both times sent her into a sneezing fit when I let her up. She did stay nice longer than what she did when I would pick her up and restrain her. After the second hold to the ground her sneezing fit (or maybe it was hiccups?) lasted a few minutes so I left her alone after that. I will try again PROPERLY this afternoon.

Restrain her firmly, but without excessive pressure. It's more about subordinating her than 'crushing'.

Are you pecking her 'hard'...and keep pecking her as she moves away?
Got to be fast and assertive, with pecking and/or holding down.
If that doesn't work, holding her down is the next thing.
I thought I was, but I'll try it again and be more intense. Like with the holding, she would be good for a few minutes then aggressive again.

I thought I was, but I'll try it again and be more intense. Like with the holding, she would be good for a few minutes then aggressive again.
Repeat every time she's aggressive with you.
If she persists, might be time for a 'timeout'(hours to day to weeks) in a crate or separate section of coop......or the soup pot.

She might be a hermaphrodite which is not uncommon in chickens. At 3,5 month there might be appearing some pointy male saddle feathers soon.

Did you check her cloaca?

Back
Top Bottom