Need help with breed and gender???

DsGirl1318

Hatching
Jun 2, 2023
This little ?guy? or ?gal? found our family all on its own. It showed up in our apartment complex one day and no one seems to want to claim it. So we brought it to my sister in law who has some other chickens and ducks. But we are wondering what breed is it? Some people are telling us it's a turkey but I think it might be a Shamo or an Asil chicken. Also what sex is it? How can we tell?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1685680881712.jpg
    FB_IMG_1685680881712.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 475
Yu

like a fighting bird? That's what it looks like to me.

Yes. This is an Oriental gamefowl cockerel. Shamo or aseel (for me it's sort of the same thing, but it also isn't) sounds about right. But yes, a fighting bird. Not neglected or abused, most of our lines do that. They pluck the down right off so the bird looks a little bald until it grows its normal feathering. He's a nice looking male

Yes. This is an Oriental gamefowl cockerel. Shamo or aseel (for me it's sort of the same thing, but it also isn't) sounds about right. But yes, a fighting bird. Not neglected or abused, most of our lines do that. They pluck the down right off so the bird looks a little bald until it grows its normal feathering. He's a nice looking male

After reading this through again I realized that my wording was wrong. So let me rephrase. The chicks pluck the baby down feathers right off from eachother, and thus they look a bit bald. Pretty common in aseel lines over her

Back
Top Bottom