Need Help with Cochin Bantams

Athena2344

Songster
5 Years
Aug 7, 2016
San Antonio, Tx
So about a month ago I bought six bantam chicks from tractor supply. Two are solid cockerels, one black and one white, and I know for sure three, possibly the other four are Cochin bantams. The one cockerel is a splash frizzle, the other possible cockerel is a barred cochin, one of the pullets is a black cochin and I think the other pullet is a splash. I was wondering if anyone could help me with determining what the offspring would come out looking like if I kept the black and splash pullets with the splash frizzle cockerel, what type of feathering would they have. Also what kind of pattern would the chicks have if the barred cochin does turn out to be a pullet.

So about a month ago I bought six bantam chicks from tractor supply. Two are solid cockerels, one black and one white, and I know for sure three, possibly the other four are Cochin bantams. The one cockerel is a splash frizzle, the other possible cockerel is a barred cochin, one of the pullets is a black cochin and I think the other pullet is a splash. I was wondering if anyone could help me with determining what the offspring would come out looking like if I kept the black and splash pullets with the splash frizzle cockerel, what type of feathering would they have. Also what kind of pattern would the chicks have if the barred cochin does turn out to be a pullet.
*Silkie

Splash with splash will produce splash.
Not sure on the genetics of frizzle, someone would have to step in on this.
Black with splash will produce blue.
Black with barred hen would produce blue pullets and blue barred cockerel.
Now I can't wait for someone to chime in with more knowledge on this. :pop

Thank you, I really want to keep them now and see what I end up with.

Back
Top Bottom