Need help with colors and breeds of my hatched chicks

ZooMummzy

Queen of the Zoo
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Philomath, Oregon
I was hoping I could get some help on determining the colors and breeds on a few of my hatched chicks before I start listing them for sale. I have found it is easier...and looks better to the buyer...if you know what you are talking about - imagine that? lol
lol.png
I've spent a lot of time looking on the internet, trying to find the correct color name for them, but so far really haven't found much. They were hatched on January 5, so almost 3 weeks old now. Most of the eggs were labeled from the seller but some were not. I did have two lavender cochin eggs, both of which hatched but they were all hatching so quickly I couldn't keep track of the chicks. I also had Sizzles and Frizzles, OEGB - barred and spangled only - so the eggs said - and Seramas.

Thank you, any help would be appreciated

Warning: they are cute
big_smile.png

I have two OEGB's this color - one of each sex I think. It is kind of hard to tell but they are a very silvery gray all over - no white or other colors. Is there a Silver OEGB?
Annelise4.jpg

A cochin I just love, especially with the little dots below the eyes
Avery4.jpg

Two identical little Cochins? Black? Blue?
Hayden.jpg

Patty.jpg

Another Cochin....
LiMei2.jpg

And yet another Cochin...
Mitsu2.jpg

And another lol
Payton3.jpg

I'm keeping this little Serama, but I'm wondering what color he/she is going to be?
Reese.jpg

I'm thinking this is a Sizzle (I had a couple Sizzle eggs, 1 didn't hatch) because it has a vaulted head unlike the Frizzle (photo below).
Una-1.jpg

My white Frizzle - Tallulah
smile.png

Tallulah3.jpg

Last edited:
Well- the cochins are blue, black and splash. Sometimes they surprise you- you think they're going to be splash and then they turn black.
barnie.gif

I'm not sure on the other breeds- but I love your pics too!

Thank you very much!
smile.png
The chicks were unsure about the chicken hot pad and the can of soup, lol but it made for a fun photo session to be sure!

So do you think any of them are lavenders? Maybe the lighter one? And thank you....any help is appreciated.

I don't see any lavendars- but the black could be "split for lav"- meaning they carry the lav gene. Try breeding them together if you keep a pair, and you could get lav babies.

Quote:
Ok thank you! I appreciate that help. I just wasn't sure about the lightest Cochin. Her feathers have a purple tint to them so I wasn't sure if that denoted a lavender. I obviously don't have any lavenders so I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I probably won't be breeding them, I'm just going to keep my Serama trio to breed out of this hatch. I am glad to hear I might have a splash or two though
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom