Need help with Corid dosage

pips&peeps :

Directions from bottle:

In drinking water: treatment - add 16 oz per 100 gals of water

16 divided by 100 = .16 (because you are only using 1 gallon of water)

.16 oz is equal to 4.7317647301 mls

5 mls is equal to 1 tsp

OP is using 20% soluable powder, not the liquid oral solution.​

Dosage for powder is:

Water 5 gal. / CORID .4 oz.

.4 dvided by 5 = .08

.08 is equal to 2.365882365 mls

2.365882365 mls = .48 tsp

Thanks for pointing that out dawg

Ok...update...finally I can see a stool sample...it's formed, no blood but green
sickbyc.gif

Does this change the diagnosis?

Quote:
Keep treating for cocci and finish through treatment. Green poop usually means 2 things...the chicken isnt eating enough and excreting bile or there might be a bacterial infection. I recommend feeding the chick in question scrambled egg mixed with the corid solution, as a mash. Be patient over the next few days and let the corid do its job.

Ok, thanks, I can do that. How is the best way to get her to eat it? She doesn't seem to be too thrilled about eating right now. I used a baby dosing eyedropper to get a 'dose' or corid into her. I find that that size dropper works great for chicks. It fits right over the tip of the beak and 'syphons' right into the mouth
smile.png

Search the internet Dr Brown has a great article on cocci,tells what not to feed them when they r on these meds,do not over dose,that can do a lot of harm.Corid liquid works good,put in the water.Best wishs.

Quote:
You can try making the egg liquidy (if that sounds right) and draw it into the eyedropper. Or you can add corid water to some starter crumbles and make a liquidy mash and get that in her. She somehow needs to get some solids in her or she'll get weaker.

Help! I have a sick BO 9 wk chick: Huddling, stays mostly in the same spot in the coop all day, all her feathers ruffed up and her eyes mostly closed, Won't go out with her sisters all day and the new big rooster (whose poops are greenish diarhea)

Sara ( the sick one ) is usually feisty. Now she just sits on my arm limply. I haven't seen her poops. Drove the 50 mile round trip to get Corid, but it's 9.6% bovine solution.( probably coccicdiosis from the new roooster??? ) The guy at the coop store also sold me some tetracycline powder. I thought to just start with Corid but there is no poulty dose......all percentage and by weight and such. The label says: 9.6% Oral Solution. He also told me to treat all 19 of them.

Help! I feel like I have the tools now but don't know how to use them

Thanks,
Cheryl the newbie

Back
Top Bottom