Need help with figuring out who to buy a SQ splash silkie Roo from????

Quote:
Yep all my silkies except my lavenders came from her.
big_smile.png
Awesome stock and great lady to deal with. I am getting a beautiful splash rooster and blue hen to work on blue mottled this spring.

Quote:
Yes. I received mixed color chicks with twisted faces, crooked beaks, and single combs. Then I was told that I got exactly what I wanted.
somad.gif
It wasnt the first time that she sent birds like this. See here http://www.windchyme.com/Images/Chickens/Chickens.htm There is no way that she didnt see the crooked beaks when she packed them up. Thats the first thing I noticed when I took them out of the box. Here is one of the birds I received.
DSC09326.jpg

Sassy Silkies is good.

Last edited:
I have won Best of Breed two years in a row with two different birds from Bobbi Porto. One was black and one was White. The black I purchased at four months, the white I hatched myself out of birds I had hatched the year before. My blues and splashes have all been great too.

I got chicks and 4 adults from Bobbi and they are all sq and worth it. The one time I showed one of the I got rb but I have a betther one then that from them. Very nice and beautiful birds.

I have gotten some beautiful birds from Bobbie too. I remember the chicks that are shown in the photo. That was a very unfortunate situation. I have had chicks that are occasionally born with defects and those Beak issues don't show up right away. I just sold some chicks that I could not use and I gave the gal a chick that had a slight cross beak. She sent me photos of the bird three weeks later and I was horrified. The poor thing should have been put down but when I gave it to her there was a very slight cross beak. I only felt glad I had not sold the little thing, They were three weeks old when I sold/gave them away and only the one was affected.

I have the best luck buying 3 to 4 month birds. You can tell much better what you are getting. Otherwise it is a crap shoot. Even the best of breeders don't have every chick to come out as great or even good quality.

Many of us hatch many, many eggs looking for just the right ones and we end up keeping some that are not exactly there yet. The rest we sell.

Back
Top Bottom