Need Help With Goose Identification

C0987

In the Brooder
Oct 10, 2018
Alberta
I have three geese that were sold to me as pilgrim geese, they are one year old now.
Geese (8).jpg
I am sure this one if female and seems like a pilgrim goose.
Geese (6).jpg

And this one male as he is larger than the other two and has been observed mating with the grey female, but it is mostly white with brown/grey spots. So possibly a mix?
Geese (3).jpg

This one I am unsure about. If they are pilgrim geese then this should be a male goose? It is white with one small greyish spot on its back. What also confuses me is that it would sit on chicken eggs and it is also the same size as the grey female. I haven't noticed it mating, and it does not fight with the larger goose.
Geese (1).jpg

Can anyone help me with identifying if they are actually pilgrim geese and just happen to have odd coloring or are a different type and if the last one is a male or female?

Thank you

Welcome to BYC!

They appear to be pilgrims to me, but that's not saying much. Have the confirmed females laid any eggs? I guess it's possible that the white one is still male, just not the dominant of the bunch. There are a couple YouTube videos on vent sexing if you feel comfortable doing that. :confused: Spring time, mating season, is when things should really heat up in your flock. If you don't mind to wait until then it should be quite obvious who's who.

Can you get a picture where they aren't on top of a blinding white sidewalk? lol You definitely have an American Buff if I'm seeing the colors correctly but I can't tell if it is a gander or a goose. The two white ones I'm completely clueless on as I can't make a thing out.

Back
Top Bottom