Need help with malpositioned pigeon chick!!

Yes fingers crossed! Its such a shame there is no medication for it :( i imagine if it is pmv it will shorten his life span? And we were hoping he might be able to have a mate at some point but if he has it then he will have to be alone :( but i need to be optimistic and just wait for the results. No results yet they should be come back no later than monday :)

Yes fingers crossed! Its such a shame there is no medication for it :( i imagine if it is pmv it will shorten his life span? And we were hoping he might be able to have a mate at some point but if he has it then he will have to be alone :( but i need to be optimistic and just wait for the results. No results yet they should be come back no later than monday :)
:fl:fl:fl:fl

Oh no! It died in the egg? :(
It was in my neighbours outbuilding and he gave it to me to look after. We are still feeing him kaytee exact formula but trying to wean him off and encourage him to eat seeds but it might take some practice as he is blind!

Also the vet got back to us today and thankfully he doesnt have paramyxovirus :ya means he could have a mate now if the chance comes about :D and i think the antibiotics helped as he is now responding to our voice!! He is a lucky boy, and of course he gets plenty of snuggles every day to give him some company :)

It was in my neighbours outbuilding and he gave it to me to look after. We are still feeing him kaytee exact formula but trying to wean him off and encourage him to eat seeds but it might take some practice as he is blind!

Also the vet got back to us today and thankfully he doesnt have paramyxovirus :ya means he could have a mate now if the chance comes about :D and i think the antibiotics helped as he is now responding to our voice!! He is a lucky boy, and of course he gets plenty of snuggles every day to give him some company :)

Great news!

Yes, it does in the egg. Good news though! He would love to have some company!

@Hokum Coco i could understand it would be very difficult to look after a blind pigeon if you had lots of them as they need lots of attention but hes our only one (at moment lol) so we have plenty of time for him :) and i think he ended up with us for a reason!

@WVduckchick yes we are very glad!

@backyard pigeons That is very sad, sorry to hear that:( yes i bet he would love company! It would be quite difficult though as would need to be another unreleasable pigeon:hmm

Back
Top Bottom