Need help with malpositioned pigeon chick!!

Pics
Raising a day old squab almost always ends badly even if he survives hatching.You may have no choice but to try and free him. You may have no choice but to try and free him. Be careful as his tissue may fuse to the egg shell and if you horse it off him he may bleed to death. Once he does hatch you may try feeding him warm egg yolk for the first while. Then I would advise getting Kaytee food for parrots.

Good luck you are going to need it.

It is something I would never attempt even though I have more experience with pigeons than most.

She did it!! :wee He's almost 3 months old now!

We need some updated pics though. :fl

@LauraMunro I got 2 pairs of pigeons while you've been gone. :)

Hi @Fields Mountain Farm :) sorry not been on for a while! He is doing so well! Pretty sure he is a boy, he is always puffing up and cooing at us lol! He also like to peck, hes a wee nipper(got us in the eye a couple of times)! @biophiliac you were right about him sitting on your head ha!! I cant do anything without him being on me lol!
Also he is now going outside! First time he went out he never came back till next day, we were so worried and thought he got lost! But now he goes out for about 30 mins and then comes back :) and although he is all grown up he still loves his snuggles! I am so glad i thought he would grow out of it but he still cuddles right up next to my face its the cutest thing :love only slight problem is that his beak is slightly overgrown on top and i think it is hindering his eating so i will need to sort that out :/
Thank you for asking about my wee man!! :D:love
:celebrate :wee :ya :love
Im so happy you had a chance to stop in and update us and that hes doin so good!!! :hugs
Love to see some pics when ya can!:fl:fl

I have taken some photos but they are not the best as he is sleepy after his wee fly about. He was out for 3 hours today so he wants a good snuggle lol! Last one is from a few weeks ago :)

Attachments

• 20181031_170233.jpg
    20181031_170233.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20181031_171207.jpg
    20181031_171207.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 20181007_150559.jpg
    20181007_150559.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom