Need help with my dog

I crate train my dogs. It starts even before they go to new homes. That was not done properly before you got him but you can train him eventually.
The happy peeing is something they will grow out of. Ignore him when he does it and don't make eye contact. Put him someplace safe while you clean it up. Remember to take him out every hour to pee. When he does it where you want it, give him praise in a high tone voice. Really ham it up and make a big deal out of it.
Take him out fast in the morning. You may have to pick him up quickly as soon as you get him out of his crate. His urge to pee after holding it at night is huge. He will pee and even poop his crate if you aren't fast enough.
Take him out to poop as soon as he eats his last bite. Every time you feed him! Peristaltic action is when the bowels empty themselves immediately after eating. Very important stuff. Take him where you want him to go poop.
I hope he has been to the vet, have his urine checked to see if he has a bladder infection. It is common, especially if he was crated for long periods of time. Don't give up, keep a upbeat attitude about it and he will respond. Dogs always want to please you so badly. If you have a good attitude about it he will try harder.
If all else fails in the training you can get a belly band for him. The belly band is what most terrier people use on their boys. You might get one from amazon. They are available at most dog shows. and pet stores too. They are used to remind the boys not to piddle or mark in the house.
Good Luck and keep us posted. I bet within a few weeks you will have it worked out.

I crate train my dogs. It starts even before they go to new homes. That was not done properly before you got him but you can train him eventually.
The happy peeing is something they will grow out of. Ignore him when he does it and don't make eye contact. Put him someplace safe while you clean it up. Remember to take him out every hour to pee. When he does it where you want it, give him praise in a high tone voice. Really ham it up and make a big deal out of it.
Take him out fast in the morning. You may have to pick him up quickly as soon as you get him out of his crate. His urge to pee after holding it at night is huge. He will pee and even poop his crate if you aren't fast enough.
Take him out to poop as soon as he eats his last bite. Every time you feed him! Peristaltic action is when the bowels empty themselves immediately after eating. Very important stuff. Take him where you want him to go poop.
I hope he has been to the vet, have his urine checked to see if he has a bladder infection. It is common, especially if he was crated for long periods of time. Don't give up, keep a upbeat attitude about it and he will respond. Dogs always want to please you so badly. If you have a good attitude about it he will try harder.
If all else fails in the training you can get a belly band for him. The belly band is what most terrier people use on their boys. You might get one from amazon. They are available at most dog shows. and pet stores too. They are used to remind the boys not to piddle or mark in the house.
Good Luck and keep us posted. I bet within a few weeks you will have it worked out.
Yes I have hes doing so good! Except we have relapsed in concrete peeing but not pooping but I power wash it off everytime he does so that way he doesnt think its acceptable

Just prodding a relic, He's old and ranting because he likes to hit animals and its no longer socially acceptable
Neither is getting killed so you can sleep peacefully in your bed at night.A remark like that comes from someone that has no respect for what freedom cost.Freesom don't come free.

Neither is getting killed so you can sleep peacefully in your bed at night.A remark like that comes from someone that has no respect for what freedom cost.Freesom don't come free.
Lololol 🤣 You can assume all you want but you only make an ass of yourself. I come from a military family, you are really reaching and coming back empty handed. Act your age and set a good example.

I have a husky mix that has a similar problem but for him it was peeing in the house at night time. We tried the methods that have worked for us in the past, and nothing seemed to click for this pup. I always thought it was something to do with our training, but over the years I've wondered if it was something else. Incontinence might actually be the issue. We bought reusable dog diapers on Amazon (I shared the link below) after two years of serious effort in trying to teach him to only pee outside. After a while (a few years) it became apparent that this was just going to be a thing we couldn't win against, so...diapers at night, or when we leave him alone during the day, it is.

And, I have to say, the diapers on dogs are HILARIOUS, especially the very dignified tartan patterns. They seem to be comfortable, he doesn't mind them, the velcro is excellent, and I just wash and reuse as needed. I'm pretty sure I bought 9 and I just keep a stack in the linen closet.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/slredirect...53218304&id=414888501940588&widgetName=sp_atf)

Lololol 🤣 You can assume all you want but you only make an ass of yourself. I come from a military family, you are really reaching and coming back empty handed. Act your age and set a good example.
You just keep putting rubber bands around the legs of your pants so ants don't crawl up your legs and eat your candy ass

Back
Top Bottom