Need help with my R-Com 20 ASAP

When you set eggs it take the bator a hour or so to stabilize with the eggs in it. My r-com will read 99.5 but thermometer will read 100.5 so no worries. Then it will come back down to the 99.5.

My r-com is reading 99.5 and my thermometer is reading 99.9 after 3.5 hours, should I adjust?

I've just ordered the rcom 20 and am now worried about setting it correctly after reading this post. It all seems tricky and I was hoping the rcom wouldn't be
sad.png

I don't supposed that there is any kind soul with rcom knowledge that would post a youtube instructional callibration video for worrywarts like me? I'm feeling the stress and I don't even have the incubator yet! Ahhh

It's not difficult at all, promise
smile.png
You just need another good thermometer/hygrometer to calibrate it when it arrives.

Last edited:
A general question about the R-Com 20. Are you finding that you have to recalibrate it every time you begin reusing the incubator? I find that i when i set a new batch of eggs that the system needs to be calibrated again. I have a thermometer the incubator all the time so i use it to constantly check on the temperature. in Also as i use the incubator as a hatcher as well, as soon as i put in some material to place the eggs on for hatching the temperature changes again.

Yesterday i calibrated the temp of the unit to 37.5 C and then put the eggs into the unit. This morning the thermometer reading as 36.5 C! I had to recalibrate the system again and it appears to have stabilized now. I hope incubating the eggs at the lower temp for a day didnt effect them.

No, it should only need calibrating once. In most instances i'd trust the R-COM over a thermometer.

Last edited:
I have a R-Com Suro 20 and am hatching some runner duck eggs. I kept with the factory setting for temperature and changed the humidity to 55. I think the temp is about right.... I have a "Flukers" thermometer/hygrometer in there it is saying that the temp is fine, but the humidity is lower than the digital reading. I am just going to trust the R-Com this time. I tried the "Flukers" in my LG I had before this... could not get any of my thermometers to agree. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. I candled at day 7 and things looked good. I had 9 eggs and one was not fertile, so I took it out. The others seem to be developing on schedule.... I sure hope I have it right.

Tia

Back
Top Bottom