Need help with mystery crower - Buff Orpington or Black Australorp

Quote:
lol thats what i do! lol they sure so make an ugly noise!
yippiechickie.gif

Well I think they know I plan to get rid of one if it is a rooster because again today I was ready to catch the crower and they all just walked down the ramp into the run without a peak. I will have to go in and grab them. They all pretty much sound and act like they are going to be put into a pot of boiling water when I grab them. The buff orpington and the sex link will let me touch them, kind of pet them on the back. The australorp runs away whenever I come near. I have a little over 2 weeks to determine if I can keep them all or if one needs to get sent back with my nephew to his flock.

So when you grab them... the boys make more of a goose-honk kind of sound? And the girls make more of a clucking sound?

Mine holler and throw a fit the same no matter the boys or girls. Except one of my BOs, but the other one does bad. I have an EE pullet that honks and screams like the dickens when I grab her.

The thing is the crowing has only happened three mornings in the last 3 weeks. That is why I was wondering if I have a hen that thinks crowing is fun. I figured by now I would at the very least be getting the crowing most mornings if not throughout the entire day until one day I go out to check on my chickens and my neighbors decided to visit my backyard and have a bbq.

Quote:
I agree! I think that the buff is a pullet. My buff pullets have huge, red combs. In the pic of the 3 in question, the Aussie in the middle looks more Roo-ish than the others... IMHO
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom