Need help with pregnant lab...*update*still no pups :(

oh honey.. is there any way a neighbor can take you today?
sad.png
Do you have any vets that make house calls? We have a local one that comes out for 65.00...

Your poor girl must be beside herself not to mention YOU
hugs.gif

Hi I just came accross this thread. I have been breeding show goldens for 18 years so let me see if I can help you a little. I did not read all the posts so sorry if i give you info you already have.

1. Gestation is 63 days from her day 12-14 cycle.

2. normal temp in dogs are 102 give or take.

3. temp in a female in heat and through the 63 days will be about 100 whether she is pregnant or not. Progestone keeps the temp low no matter what.

4. Valva will be VERY enlarged if pups are coming.

5. temp can go up and down between 100.9 to 99.9. Mornings are lower then evening.

6. the drop happens over 24 hours and you can miss it if you don't take it regularly.. The drop can go as low as 96

7. watch for nesting in dark places.
8. They usually refuse food 12-24 hours before whelp......

WOW good info NC Chicken lady. My lab failed the enlarged vulva test LOL! She was tiny but like RIGHT before(maybe 12-24 hours before) it finally swelled. That info should be a sticky

Hey MODDDSSSSS sticky here!!!

Well...she's not refusing food...she just snuck out into the back yard and ate a half loaf of bread I left out for the chickens...
th.gif

Quote:
OK. is she nesting at all? (scatching at the floor or looking and staying in dark places? IE under the desk or in a bathroom,closet anything?

My Chihuahua even jumped up and ate between puppies this last liter. She followed none of the rules. She was also 4 days later then we thinking she was due. A guy down the road told me to mix raw eggs in her food to make her go in labor, I didn't do it because I had never heard such a thing. If she had went any longer I would have tried it just to see. Good luck, I hope everything turns out great for you. (Just remember that if they are bred on 1 day they might not fertilize the eggs for almost a week can really screw up figuring the day you are on, and larger breds can go longer then smaller breds.) I had a friend who had a Rot. go 72 days, she was scared but they all came out ok.

Quote:
Hmmm, did I saw something sticky? Sorry newish here...LOL

NOOO you did good...a sticky is a thread that needs to stay at the top of the thread list so people can grab the info quickly....if you go to the index and click on like "incubating & Hatching Eggs" you will see one at the top with a padlock and says
"Sticky: Read Me's on Hatching by silkiechicken "
That is a sticky thread and will stay at the top so you don't have to search so hard for it. It is also something nice to remember if you are searching for info and don't want to ask....read the stickys!

When you got good info it needs to be a sticky!!! if the mods think so that is.
roll.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom