Need help with Rabbit basics please.

I did some research on that. It's a cool manure and very good for the garden.

The only thing I have against buying any kind of poop from someone else is that I can't be sure what other creatures they keep and whether they comingle in any way. Biosecurity is a concern for me.
Stick with your original plan and get your own Bunnies to make your manure..👍❤️

Plus you get poop making pets that have a real purpose for your gardening..
Are you lobbying for bunnies? :gig I very much enjoy the contributions my chickens make. The only place I have weeds is in my well protected garden! Bunny poop has been amazing in the garden though and since I don't have to compost it first, is much preferred for the edibles.

I have to see what decisions my chickens make about roosting before I can get a bunny though. If they can share the big coop then I'm ready. If not, I'll have to build a bunny house and run first.

Are you lobbying for bunnies? :gig I very much enjoy the contributions my chickens make. The only place I have weeds is in my well protected garden! Bunny poop has been amazing in the garden though and since I don't have to compost it first, is much preferred for the edibles.

I have to see what decisions my chickens make about roosting before I can get a bunny though. If they can share the big coop then I'm ready. If not, I'll have to build a bunny house and run first.
Of course I am... I'm saying get Bunnies..😂🐰

Bunnies ARE FANTASTIC, I don't sell my bunny poo either.. I'm selfish. People want it and I say no, and I have 18 rabbits :plbb. I also compost and use my chicken manure. When my gardens have all they can of the bunny poop, I am gonna put it in a seed spreader and shoot it all over my lawn! :celebrate I don't allow my chickens into the rabbit area anymore, they pooped all over my hutches, not fun! I think that like chickens though, rabbits belong on all farms, they are SUPER sustainable and useful for many things.
IMG_4513.JPG

Bunnies ARE FANTASTIC, I don't sell my bunny poo either.. I'm selfish. People want it and I say no, and I have 18 rabbits :plbb. I also compost and use my chicken manure. When my gardens have all they can of the bunny poop, I am gonna put it in a seed spreader and shoot it all over my lawn! :celebrate I don't allow my chickens into the rabbit area anymore, they pooped all over my hutches, not fun! I think that like chickens though, rabbits belong on all farms, they are SUPER sustainable and useful for many things. View attachment 2026853
One little white Bunny too! ❤️
Little Waldo..😂🐰

Well I raise rabbits for meat and have been for a good while. I have never had a fixed rabbit. Having said that an unfixed.... is that a word lol. Anyway an unfixed female will get territorial so you may be better off with some males. Rabbits do very fine running around on the ground but you will need to keep an eye on the worm load. Also you arent going to get very much manure from 2 rabbits, and it is going to be very hard to collect the manure with them running around on the ground. My suggestion is go all out and get a breeding trio and put them in hutches off the ground and on decent spring/summer days let them run individually for a few hours in a run. Also get some that have other uses than manure. Like the designer rabbits that you could sell as pets or as show rabbits, or meat rabbits or even angora rabbits and sell the hair! Might as well make some money while you are at it.

Well I raise rabbits for meat and have been for a good while. I have never had a fixed rabbit. Having said that an unfixed.... is that a word lol. Anyway an unfixed female will get territorial so you may be better off with some males. Rabbits do very fine running around on the ground but you will need to keep an eye on the worm load. Also you arent going to get very much manure from 2 rabbits, and it is going to be very hard to collect the manure with them running around on the ground. My suggestion is go all out and get a breeding trio and put them in hutches off the ground and on decent spring/summer days let them run individually for a few hours in a run. Also get some that have other uses than manure. Like the designer rabbits that you could sell as pets or as show rabbits, or meat rabbits or even angora rabbits and sell the hair! Might as well make some money while you are at it.
Thank you for tge ideas and info. I'm not interested in breeding or making money and I don't like the meat. Just poop is enough. There are lots of breeders here who sell them as pets and then a ton end up in the shelter; I'm not contributing to that. Of course any rescue through the humane society is spayed or neutered so I wouldn't have to deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom