Need help with shipping ducks

shelleyb1969

Star Bright Farm
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
Brown City, Michigan (Thumb)
I've shipped chicks and adult chickens before, but now I need to ship a 1 year old pair of Call ducks. With my chickens, I always put a cut up apple in the box with them for nourishment. What do I need to put in the box for the ducks?

just do the same as the chickens.....some pieces of apple. Just remember that when shipping waterfowl they dehydrate faster than chickens.....if they have been without water for a period of time you need to limit how much water they drink. Give them water for 10 minutes then take it away for 10 minutes.....do this 3 times then they can have as much as they want. If they drink too much water at one time they can water log and die.

Mrs. Turbo :

just do the same as the chickens.....some pieces of apple. Just remember that when shipping waterfowl they dehydrate faster than chickens.....if they have been without water for a period of time you need to limit how much water they drink. Give them water for 10 minutes then take it away for 10 minutes.....do this 3 times then they can have as much as they want. If they drink too much water at one time they can water log and die.

Thanks so much, Mrs. Turbo. I'll pass that info on to the lady buying them. She's got lots of ducks already, so hopefully she's aware of it...but I'll let her know just in case.

I guess maybe overnight express is the best option since they dehydrate so quickly?​

Back
Top Bottom