need help worming!!!

I can't figure out where to post this. I am new. I know my chickens have worms. From what I have read here I need to worm with 1/2 cc of valbezon. I know my Aussie eats chicken poop. Can I also worm him withe valbezon?

I can't figure out where to post this. I am new. I know my chickens have worms. From what I have read here I need to worm with 1/2 cc of valbezon. I know my Aussie eats chicken poop. Can I also worm him withe valbezon?

You can go under Emergencies and click start thread (in upper left corner). You will get more responses that way for sure. Valbazen is great stuff- make sure you toss eggs appropriately after each dose if they are egglayers (off-label medication as there are no approved dewormers for egglayers and the only chicken-approved dewormer is Wazine, which only kills large roundworms). It requires a couple of dosings to stop the life cycle from what I have read. There are many many threads on valbazen:
http://www.bing.com/search?q=backyardchickens+valbazen&form=OPRTSD&pc=OPER

But how do you know for sure they have worms? Make sure you state this in your thread that you start.

I take it an Aussie is a dog? You might want to specify.

Last edited:
Also, you can look in to the natural remedies for worming. A can of Copenhagen or Red Man chew tobacco per 1,000 pounds of animal is supposed to work perfectly, although I can't imagine doing the math for a "chicken dose." I guess you could free-choice it for a day or something? The more common way is using pumpkin seeds. You can check out Worming Chickens, Pumpkin Seeds The Natural Chicken Wormer for a quick run down of the easy way. I recently bought in the bulk section from WinCo Foods, but Sprouts has them also.

Back
Top Bottom