NEED HELP!

My duck can't walk or stand.whats the problem??..NEED HELP asap!

• What to get them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What can I do

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Pics
The easy, right way to do this niacin supplement is with a packet of "SAVE A CHICK". You just mix it in there water and it contains electrolytes, niacin, and other vitamins. It's available at Tractor supply, its cheap about $ 1-2. It's a little packet you put in there water. If he'll drink water then you don't need to monkey with the syringe.
save-a-chick-png.1430440
I don't think that this product has enough niacin to be helpful, and the bigger problem is that this is not something that should be given daily.

I don't think that this product has enough niacin to be helpful, and the bigger problem is that this is not something that should be given daily.

Why wouldn't you want to give "save a chick" in their water daily??? Enlighten me. I obviously have been doing this wrong for 40 years. My Bird farm is my living, and I've never had to feed ducks niacin straight probably because I use Duck starter (GameBird Starter) at 28 percent protein with all the minerals and vitamins they need. Also probably because for the first few week of life once I take them out of the bator. I use a commercial bag of a product simular to "save a chick" in a 10 pound bag. I do get, that since I'm busy running a farm operation and have a life, that I just don't get a chance to stalk this board and enter 66000 posts, omg, life much? ... but in the rare moment I do stop by, my advice is solid and comes from years of experience.

According to my vet, they should not be given daily, and when given, regular water should be offered too.

Here are the instructions, posted from the manufacturer website. It's electrolytes and probiotics, nothing harmful in that. It's not like it has drugs/medicine in it. My question to you... For optimal health humans need electrolytes and probiotics daily so why wouldn't baby birds (human breast milk has both electrolytes and probiotics). As they grow they can get their electrolytes from fruits like watermelon (watermelon is huge in electrolytes, btw). Maybe you don't understand what electrolytes and probiotics are. This is not medicine, It's like giving your birds a Pedialyte/Gatorade and a yogurt with a daily multi-vitamin.
Now I don't know how much niacin is in this, but I do know that with adequate duck starter and this, ducks will be happy & healthy.

Ingredients
Potassium chloride, sodium citrate, dextrose, sodium bicarbonate, sodium chloride, vitamin D3supplement, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), vitamin A supplement, vitamin E supplement, niacin supplement (vitamin B3), magnesium sulfate, calcium pantothenate (vitamin B5), folic acid (vitamin B9), menadione sodium bisulfite complex (vitamin K), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin supplement (vitamin B2), pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), artificial color, silicon dioxide.
Mixing and Feeding Directions

Mix a single packet (approx. 0.25 ounces of powder) into 1 gallon of clean, cool water. If using with Sav-A-Chick® Probiotic, mix one packet of each product into the same gallon of water. Offer the mixed solution AND plain drinking water (in a separate container) at all times during hot weather or other stress.

Important: Make fresh solution daily.

Last edited:
Ok that is true. However her duck is not 0 to 2 weeks. Therefore 20% protein you'll be too high especially since she has a heavy breed duck. More protein is just going to pack on extra weight(which will make it tougher for the ducklings legs) and be more difficult for the kidney and liver.

Obviously you got to work with what you can get, but it's always good to try to find exactly what you need and work outwards from there.

I was under the impression all Tractor Supplies have the same stuff!
Eh, more protein doesn't pack on weight. That is a misnomer. If the feed is limited, they won't be over eating.

Back
Top Bottom