Need Help

11langenkamp_w

Songster
11 Years
Aug 23, 2008
sidney, ohio
OK I answered the questions)
What type of bird , age and weight. Black rose combs millie fleurs 20 weeks old
2) What is the behavior, exactly. not eating drinking just sitting there with there eyes closed
3) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. NO
4) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.new BIRDS WHICH ARE NOT SICK
5) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. POULTRY DEVELOPER, WATER
6) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. dONT KNOW
7) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? TERIMYICAN FOR ONE DAY
8 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet? TREAT IT MYSELF
9) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
10) Describe the housing/bedding in use CLOCED BUILDING WITH 2 WINDOWS CRACKED AND A BIG DOOR SHAVINGS
ns

Try and check out the poop because it can be very helpful. Does it have any blood in it?

Is your chick starter medicated?

Last edited:
Quote:
Couple of ideas, but nothing concrete.

Is it a hen or roo? If a hen, might be having trouble laying first egg?
New birds can be carriers without exhibiting any signs of illness themselves. Any whistling, wheezing, runny eyes, nose in the sick chicken?
Hard to believe we have to study chicken poop, but the appearance is important.

Where are you keeping your sick birds? Are any of them eating?
Have you tried giving them any yogurt, oatmeal, applesauce, or crumbles soaked in water?
Are they drinking? Hydration is important, you might want to try some gatorade or some kind of electrolytes.

seperate from the healthy ones on there on the ground. no draft. I made there food wet gave them some gatorade and got there eyes open and tried to get some of the junk out. they were eating the wet food. I called the vet but he wasnt avalible so i have to call tommrow.

Back
Top Bottom