Need ideas for easy-to-make Halloween costume

PlymouthRocker

Songster
10 Years
May 7, 2009
Plymouth County MA
Our daughter is 7 and I don't have extra funds to buy a costume. Sadly, I cannot sew. I need some ideas for a costume that I can make for her from clothes I can recycle from a thrift shop. Any ideas for me?

White sweatshirt stuffed with whatever. Yellow sweat pants. Beak made from construction paper.

The Goodwill here has a ton of garbage to use for costumes. Good thing you're starting early! Think unusual. Boxes for a robot. That kind of thing.

Witch is always easy, Goodwill always has the pointy hat and graduation gowns.

One year, my son was a ghost. Boring, huh? He was the ONLY ghost. People commented left and right. Who knew. There's also the Charlie Brown ghost!!!

Last edited:
I think we could pull of a black bat with the clothes she has now. This is a cute idea. I've told her for years that bats are our friends since they eat mosquitoes. Thanks! I'll see what she says tomorrow.

Any more ideas?

Make her a bag of jelly beans!

Get a big clear trash type bag...(a clean one..
lol.png
).. cut holes in iit for her legs to come out... fill the bag with blown up colored balloons...tie it up around her neck..

instant bag of jelly beans!

edited to add...have her wear flesh or light pink leggings and a body suit under the bag...or i guess even black may work..

Last edited:
Quote:
A bat would be good! I think I'll do that for all three of mine! I can buy some black sheets at goodwill, now sewing required!

Quote:
thats cute too! And you could even make a little "laundry" hat or something to go on her head.. LOL..cute!

Quote:
This is hilarious!! Laughing here!

I make my daughter put her own laundry away, and she loses privileges until she completes the job. Tonight she had the choice of putting her laundry away tonight and have a play date tomorrow night OR putting her clothes away tomorrow night. She said, "No thank you" to the play date. Not the choice I would have made for her, but since I gave her the choice, I followed through.

I will ask her about this idea too. She'd have a built-in candy holder with that laundry basket!

Back
Top Bottom