Need info for store vs farm eggs...

I wish everyone one who eats factory eggs would realize the truth!! and then maybee the poor chicken farmers who still do it the real way might prosper.
I really dont see how anyone can put one of them factory eggs in there mouth....UNCLEAN!!!!!!!!(lol)!!!!!
duc.gif

I had only a vague idea of how bad it was in those commercial egg production houses… now that I've seen some of those graphic and awful scenes, I will not buy another egg unless it is from an uncaged hen. I cried to see how miserable and short these hens' lives were, and how meaningless other life forms are to the empty souls that own and run these operations. I've got a couple-three months left to wait on my "girls" to lay their first egg, and I'd rather do without if I couldn't get free-range ones form my friend or uncaged from a store.
If this is how some people can treat animals, they probably don't treat other humans much -if any - better.

Quote:
Chickenwoods,

The claim that "factory eggs" are unclean, that is contain harmful pathogens is false since the eggs are inspected, cleaned, and sanitized prior to packaging. I would venture to say that the eggs in the store are cleaner, that is have less surface contmination with bacteria, the most, if not all, of the eggs sold straight from the nest box.

Jim

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay makes a good point about the eggs being cleaned at the factory. I still prefer home grown eggs though, and am not to excited about the chemical egg wash that is used, though I have no scientific reasons at all.

Just to make sure I understand you right Colored Egg Farmer -
The carton egg whites you can get at the store are washed out from broken eggs, with a chemical? I must have misunderstood you?
hmm.png

If they are real eggs in thoes liquid egg containers they usually come from broken eggs. They are taken out after they go through the washers. I believe that some of the chemicals woudl get into the cracks. even though they are not that big. they also go into dog foods.

Back
Top Bottom