Need info for store vs farm eggs...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by fleenorfarmmom, Apr 11, 2008.

1. fleenorfarmmom

fleenorfarmmom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2008
    Blountville, Tn
    I work with a real idiot that thinks store eggs are special creations that don't come from nasty ole chickens.
    I remember seeing an article somewhere that was information on store eggs and the guidelines stores go by. How some are old and recartoned, the timelines they use for "use by" dating, etc.
    If anyone has an article I could print and show him, or knows where I need to look to find such enlightenment, please let me know.
    I really want to educate him with facts, not just opinions. [​IMG]

2. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
  3. fleenorfarmmom

fleenorfarmmom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2008
    Blountville, Tn
    Thanks, Mods, for moving me to the right place. I didn't know where to put this.
    The guy I work with is such a nut I don't think he can be convinced, but I'm gonna try.
    He thinks Food City grows eggs from seeds.

4. JimnJanet

JimnJanet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    S.W Pa.
    Quote:I'll take a BIG OLE sack o' dem seeds please !! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

better yet, PALEEEASE send me his name and address and i'll SELL him a big ole sack [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. UnttouchableRose

UnttouchableRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Blountville, TN
    We were hoping to find a YouTube video that shows the conditions of laying houses and such. I had one saved an I can't find it. This guy is convinced that I feed my EE's a special diet to lay green eggs. I can't wait to prove this fella wrong!

He thinks we are the ones that are nuts! HA HA!

BTW- This is Fleenorfarmmom's daughter so we are both talking about same guy, he works with my dad. [​IMG]

6. UnttouchableRose

Mar 12, 2008
    Blountville, TN
  7. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Wow, those videos were pretty graphic. Glad my babies are so spoiled!

8. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

(I'd like some of those seeds, please...)

Didn't someone here post a pic of her hen laying? I guess he'd claim it was airbrushed?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]:eek::eek::eek:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. UnttouchableRose

Mar 12, 2008
    Blountville, TN
    Quote:Sad thing is, is that this guy things that only chickens on FARMS lay eggs and that if you crack them a chick will pop out! That's why he gets store bought eggs. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by