Need information

Mahan5175

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 28, 2014
Hi, we have ordered two sets of day old chicks from different hatcheries, both sets are supposed to be here on the same day. Just making sure, do we have to quarantine them separately and for how long?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I do not think you need to quarantine them. If I were you, I would just put them altogether and let them get used to each other. I would also leave them alone on first day to let them get used to the new environment and their new friends without a lot of stress.)

Good luck! :)

Yes, I did as you, two orders from different hatcheries delivered on the same day. I just dipped the beaks of all and put them together. New hatched chicks 'should' not have anything and I believe them to be about as pristine as they will ever be, when they are dry from the shell.

Best of luck to you and your birds,

RJ

Thanks so much! That puts a lot less stress on me if I don't have to quarantine them!

I am sure there is someone, somewhere that had a disaster, but for the most of us, most of the time, I think it best to get everyone together in that first week. I worry enough as it is, but not over this.

Best to you and the chicks,

RJ

I am sure there is someone, somewhere that had a disaster, but for the most of us, most of the time, I think it best to get everyone together in that first week. I worry enough as it is, but not over this.

Best to you and the chicks,

RJ
I agree! :)

Well we got a package early... Our others won't be here till tomorrow...

Back
Top Bottom