Need pictures of Barred Rock Hens/Pullets please....

Here is my Lexie at two and a half yrs old. I know what you mean, you can really see the age in Lexie's face now that shes going on three years old.
DCP_9462.jpg

DCP_9461.jpg

Last edited:
If she has had feathers pecked and been over loved by a roo that could explain the 'old' look. If she isn't laying for you yet then she could still be a pullet. Give her 2 weeks and she should turn red and frisky again.
big_smile.png

Have a look at the earlobes on Bantyhugger's hen. Hers is about 2 years old. The earlobes on my 3 year old are slightly larger. I would guess that chilisweet's bird is not very old but has had illness or a hard life. Her comb is rather pale.

Get that poor thing pumped up on vitamins, electrolytes, probiotics, good layer feed, a bit of scratch, grit, fresh greens, organic veggies, daily massage with soft music playing in the background, bottled water afterwards (of course), and some light calisthenics.

That'll perk her right up! LOL
wink.png

(I am kidding about the last three things.)

She is getting the electrolytes, layer feed, scratch grains and grit. Also gets yogurt and watermelon since it was hot here past few days.

3.5 year old Rock - Cousin - just after she finished molting.

Same Hen at 1.5 years old - Cousin - was molting, but still looked fairly decent.

And again at only 4 months old - Cousin - yes that is my leg she is standing on.

I can get pic of her at almost 4.5 years old too. She is, of course, still here.

Matt

Last edited:
Matt- Our girls comb and wattles are that dull pink color in the pic of yours at 1.5 years. Maybe ours is molting although I dont see any obvious signs of that so far.

PS- Thanks to all of you for posting your hen pics!

Back
Top Bottom