Need quality hygrometer for your bator?

Quote:
Hey man 102 sounds high to me, as you said your therms were on the low side, so it is YOUR thermomether at 102 giving you a good hatches? Or the absolute proven 102 F is giving you a good hatches? I do not believe 102 F is an appropriate hatching temperature.

If your thermomether is on the "low side" you are misleading others making them believe that the higher temperature is better for hatching while the inacurate therm may be at fault.

I never trust one thermometer always have digital working with proven analog thermometer.

As for humidity you and I live in southeast, we probably do not have to worry much about humidity since relative humidity is high down here, perhaps to jack it up in last days, but I had chicks drowned or dried up in my hatching carrier, so you can not ignore it totally.

However people in the West dessert areas or high elevations need to keep water all the time in their bators since their air humidity is low.

Check how good is your thermometer!

Quote:
Hey man 102 sounds high to me, as you said your therms were on the low side, so it is YOUR thermomether at 102 giving you a good hatches? Or the absolute proven 102 F is giving you a good hatches? I do not believe 102 F is an appropriate hatching temperature.

If your thermomether is on the "low side" you are misleading others making them believe that the higher temperature is better for hatching while the inacurate therm may be at fault.

I never trust one thermometer always have digital working with proven analog thermometer.

As for humidity you and I live in southeast, we probably do not have to worry much about humidity since relative humidity is high down here, perhaps to jack it up in last days, but I had chicks drowned or dried up in my hatching carrier, so you can not ignore it totally.

However people in the West dessert areas or high elevations need to keep water all the time in their bators since their air humidity is low.

Check how good is your thermometer!

I agree. 102 is on the high side and can lead to accelerated hatches
and leg problems.

I have yet to find a thermo I trust.

"I have yet to find a thermo I trust."

Compare yours with medical thermometer, then you will know which one to trust.

If the medical ones can not be trusted, then all our Health Care system is in limbo. (I guess it is anyway)

LOL

You know the medical thermometer is a good idea if my wife will go for it. I was also having them pip and die and have leg problems from being late to hatch. What day is your eggs pipping and dying? I have been hatching birds for 40 yrs or so and fought with incubator problems for 37 of them. I have been doing this now for 3 years and have improved my hatch by 40%. I understand why people are so hesitant to try. It took me a long time also. As far as thermometers go i bought 5 of the so called good thermo/hygro for $50 each and none of them are accurate so i am not basing this on one thermometer. I have 5 thermometers in 2 gqf's and a dickey. There are some variables involved also like where you are checking temp at and the design of the incubator. I check it at the top in the front . I do have full glass doors. But if you think about it that is a hot spot because it is so close to the heating element. If you check it in all three trays it is different. All i am saying is that you are better off running hot than cold. Everybody has to find out what works for their equipment and them. all of my local friends have been doing this also with great success. Unfortunately they are not on byc. I AM JUST TRYING TO HELP AND TELLING WHAT I DID TO FIX MY PROBLEMS.

Danny, I thought about your input and since there seems to be no problem with early hatches but there are problems with late hatches in general, I am going to raise my incubation temperatures 1 degree to find out what temp will work best for me.

I'll be shooting to bump my setting 1 degree F to begin with, from 99.5 to 100.5 and see how my next hatch goes.

Back
Top Bottom